Default (OT) Look at this photograph of Condoleezza Rice

Look at this photograph of Condoleezza Rice
_______________________________________

http://aztlan.net/oiltanker.htm

_______________________________________

Kevin Hynes

What an amazingly ****-poor doctored photo. Thanks for the laugh.
--
Kevin Hynes

"Doctor you are a sensualist."
"You bet your pointed ears I am."
Jim

Default (OT) Look at this photograph of Condoleezza Rice-true story,bad photo

There WAS an oil tanker named after Ms Rice. They renamed it. A google
search turned up the following:

Condi Rice Renamed

Energy giant Chevron Corp. has quietly renamed one of its big oil tankers.

The Condoleeza Rice, named after the former Chevron director and current
National Security Adviser to President Bush, was renamed the Altair
Voyager, the San Francisco Chronicle reported in May.

In April, at a White House press briefing, assistant press secretary
Scott McLellan was asked about the oil tanker.
The reporter put it this way: “Before she became National Security
Advisor, [Rice] was on the board of directors of Chevron Corporation.
Chevron –– before she left –– named an oil tanker after her. There’s an
oil tanker named the Condoleeza Rice. It’s a 136,000 ton oil tanker that
carries oil around the world. Given that Chevron has been accused of
human rights abuses with the Nigerian Mobile Police against civilians in
Nigeria, I’m wondering whether the president thinks it’s wise to have
this close a relationship with Chevron.”

McLellan said that he thought “the issue has already been addressed by
Dr. Rice and she will uphold the highest ethical standards in office.”

When asked whether the president should call the CEO of Chevron and say,
“Take the name off the tanker,” McLellan said, “I think the issue has
been addressed.”
“We made the change to eliminate unnecessary attention caused by the
vessel’s original name,” says Chevron spokesperson Fred Gorell.

Asked whether the White House had asked for the name change, Gorell told
the San Francisco Chronicle “that’s not for me to discuss.”

In April, when the controversy was brewing, a spokesperson for Chevron
said that the company would not rename the Condi Rice tanker. “If you
remember, Carla Hills was on our board, and went off the board to take a
role in the administration, and we did not rename the tanker,” the
spokesperson said at the time.
Kevin Hynes wrote:
wrote:

Look at this photograph of Condoleezza Rice
_______________________________________

http://aztlan.net/oiltanker.htm

_______________________________________

What an amazingly ****-poor doctored photo. Thanks for the laugh.

Coff

Kevin Hynes wrote in message ...
wrote:

Look at this photograph of Condoleezza Rice
_______________________________________

http://aztlan.net/oiltanker.htm

What an amazingly ****-poor doctored photo. Thanks for the laugh.

That IS a crappy doctored photo, but it is true that an oil company
did, indeed, have a super tanker named after her at one time. I
remember it from several TV & print sources around the time Ms. Rice
was selected by China & India's defacto Secretary of Labor, George
Bush.

Coff

Damn, life is good!