BoatBanter.com

-   -   Volvo 270 outdrive parts online? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3733-volvo-270-outdrive-parts-online.html)

Bob March 23rd 04 08:19 PM

Volvo 270 outdrive parts online?

I am going to change the outdrive oil soon on my Volvo 270 outdrive. I
read somewhere that you should always replace the o-rings under the
drain/fill plugs/screws. Anyone know where I can buy them online?

Thanks,
Bob

Calif Bill March 23rd 04 10:57 PM

"Bob" wrote in message
I am going to change the outdrive oil soon on my Volvo 270 outdrive. I
read somewhere that you should always replace the o-rings under the
drain/fill plugs/screws. Anyone know where I can buy them online?

Thanks,
Bob

Look in your yellow pages for bearing suppliers. They carry O'rings. Also
look at your local hardware store. Orchard Supply and Hardware on the west
coast carries a good supply as well as any plumbing supply.
Bill

Bob March 23rd 04 11:10 PM

Volvo 270 outdrive parts online?

In article k.net,
Calif Bill wrote:
:
:"Bob" wrote in message
: I am going to change the outdrive oil soon on my Volvo 270 outdrive. I
: read somewhere that you should always replace the o-rings under the
: drain/fill plugs/screws. Anyone know where I can buy them online?
:
: Thanks,
: Bob
:
:Look in your yellow pages for bearing suppliers. They carry O'rings. Also
:look at your local hardware store. Orchard Supply and Hardware on the west
:coast carries a good supply as well as any plumbing supply.
:Bill

OK, thanks...that's what I thought I'd end up doing...I guess I was
looking for some reassurance that those o-rings were nothing special
and could be had elsewhere beside marine supply places.

Bob