Clams Canino

Default Cats! DAMN CATS again!

I donate to the SPCA every time I need a new pootch.

I reccommend getting the German Shepard / Golden Retriever mix mutt - you
get a smart dog, with a good bark, that likes to play fetch.

-W

"___m___~¿Õ____m___" wrote in message
Don White wrote:

I'd contact your local SPCA, borrow a live trap and turn the cat over to
them.
You may cruely kill an innocent cat that could be attracted by the
anti-freeze.

This is the best choise. The other methods mentioned could get you some
"real" prison time in many parts of the country. Believe it or not.

Local SPCA will usually supply a trap with only a deposit that is

refunded
when trap is returned. They will even come and pick up the offender. Tuna
is the best smelling bait but small can of gourmet? cat food works too.

A`donation to your local SPCA might just help your tax situation and give
you a real fuzzie feeling at the same time.

Worked for me when I had a family of feral cats residing under my yard
building annoying the dogs, and an idiot neighbor who felt sorry for them
and put food out for them. They didn't dig in her flower beds though.

I had a lady I worked with ask me what squirrel taste like once.
My reply, Just like cat.
You can only imagin the expression on her face, as she was caught totally
off guard.
Good for a laugh though.
--
__________m___~¿Õ____m__________________

Jim

Don,

Sorry for the correction, but it's 'you all' in the North. Down South
it's y'all (singular) and all y'all (plural).

Perhaps the following will help you if you ever decide to head south.
Just got this a week or so ago. Not boating related, but educational.
:^)

If you are from the northern states and are planning on visiting or
moving to the South, there are a few things you should know that
will help you adapt to the difference in lifestyles:

The North has coffee houses,
The South has Waffle Houses.

The North has dating services,
The South has family reunions.

The North has switchblade knives,
The South has Lee Press-on Nails.

The North has double last names,
The South has double first names.

The North has Ted Kennedy,
The South has Jesse Helms.

The North has Indy car races,
The South has stock car races.

The North has Cream of Wheat,
The South has grits.

The North has green salads,
The South has collard greens.

The North has lobsters,
The South has crawdads.

The North has the rust belt,
The South has the Bible Belt.

In the South:

If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic, four men in a
four-wheel drive pickup truck with a tow chain will be along
shortly. Don't try to help them, just stay out of their way; this is
what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same
store.... Do not buy any food at this store!

Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all
y'all's" is plural possessive.

Get used to hearing "You ain't from round here, are ya?"

Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later
on how to use it.

Don't be worried at not understanding what people are saying.
They can't understand you either.
The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted
Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big'ol" truck or
"big'ol" boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced
dialect this

way. All of them are in denial about it

The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

Be advised that "He needed killin" is a valid defense here.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this," you
should immediately move aside and stay out of the way.
These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the
smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the
local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything
or not, you just have to go there.

Do not be surprised to find that 10-year-olds own their own
shotguns, they are proficient marksmen, and their mammas taught
them how to aim.

In the South, we have found that the best way to grow a lush
green lawn is to pour gravel on it and call it a driveway.

In the north, iced tea has "seasons."
In the south, the question is "sweet or unsweetened."

AND REMEMBER:

If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we
will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens
in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.

Send this to four people that ain't related to you, and I
reckon your life will turn into a country music song 'fore you know it.
Your relatives would get a kick out of it also!

DSK

Don White wrote:
You'all good 'ole southern boys sho' do like to use them guns.
What do you do when the kids act up?
Put a little rock salt in the old 12 gauge and tell them to git runnin'?

Depends on how old they are, and how good a shot you are.

DSK

basskisser

"Don White" wrote in message ...
Gene Kearns wrote in message

Ah, one of the simple pleasures of living in the South. Reminds me of
the time the wife and I watched our ****ed-off neighbor, .357 in hand,
go after a bunch of cats raiding his trash barrel.

I don't think he got any of them, but damn, was it funny watching
those cats come zooming out of that barrel as if shot by a catapult
and the neighbor blasting away at his trash barrel like "Dirty Harry."

You'all good 'ole southern boys sho' do like to use them guns.

Nah, only the hillbilly-ish ones. They think the NRA is their government.
Don White

Gene Kearns wrote in message
Wayull.... I shore have dunnit to other fokes kids when they raid
the mellon patch. An I can tell from yore attitud that you better kep
your broad *ss offn my property or you'll git the same.

You 'boys' & your guns. Bad enough they are so prevalent down there...but
please keep them out of Canada.

see *** http://toronto.cbc.ca/features/staring/elwand2.jsp ***

DSK

Don White wrote:
You 'boys' & your guns. Bad enough they are so prevalent down there...but
please keep them out of Canada.

Why? I been tole that them moose are pretty good eatin'

DSK

Don White

DSK wrote in message
.. .
Don White wrote:
You 'boys' & your guns. Bad enough they are so prevalent down

there...but
please keep them out of Canada.

Why? I been tole that them moose are pretty good eatin'

DSK

Very limited number of hunting licenses issued for moose in Nova Scotia.
Used to be around 1000 under a lottery system.
My theory still is...if they don't shoot at me...I don't shoot at them.

NOYB

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Don White" wrote in message

Gene Kearns wrote in message

Ah, one of the simple pleasures of living in the South. Reminds me of
the time the wife and I watched our ****ed-off neighbor, .357 in hand,
go after a bunch of cats raiding his trash barrel.

I don't think he got any of them, but damn, was it funny watching
those cats come zooming out of that barrel as if shot by a catapult
and the neighbor blasting away at his trash barrel like "Dirty Harry."

You'all good 'ole southern boys sho' do like to use them guns.

Nah, only the hillbilly-ish ones. They think the NRA is their government.

Remember the idea of "checks and balances"? Well, the NRA is the fourth
branch of government: 1) executive, 2) legislative, 3) judicial, and 4) NRA.

Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote in message
Here we go again. A couple years ago some low-lifes sent the 5 lb. furry
vermin to my clam boat to use it as a litter box. Never got a good aim

at
the cat.

Now, I have a trawler with Polish storm windows (AKA rigid pvc drop
curtains) around the stern area, and a neighbor's DAMN CAT still gets

inside
for the same purpose.

I need your advice. What type of anitfreeze is it that smells and

tastes
good to animals, but offs 'em in a few hours? Does De-Con work? Rat

traps?

I'd contact your local SPCA, borrow a live trap and turn the cat over to
them.
You may cruely kill an innocent cat that could be attracted by the
anti-freeze.

Agreed. A HavAHart trap will do the trick. Cats don't deserve the antifreeze
routine. That's for dogs.

Doug Kanter

"Butch Ammon" wrote in message
Here we go again. A couple years ago some low-lifes sent the 5 lb.

furry
vermin to my clam boat to use it as a litter box. Never got a good aim

at
the cat.

Try again. This time practice and use .22 hollow points.

CCI Stingers in .22LR are a good choice too! :-

Butch Ammon

Problem with that scenario is when Han Solo shot the laser weapon in
the garbage dump in Star Wars.

Sheesh....I want the friggin cat, not my boat, the dock master, and
about 13 other innocent bystanders.

It's okay.... May the force be with you! LOL!!!

Actually, a Ruger 10/22 with a Simmons scope on it (or other small rifle

along
those lines) might freak people out at a marina. So, something more

subtle and
discrete is a better option. The humane traps are the best way to rid

yourself
of an unwanted critter. Or, be more daring and use a C02 pellet pistol!

Butch Ammon

Don't forget eye protection. And, check the deductible for your boat
insurance. You may end up paying for new windows out of your pocket.