NOYB

Default OT--World's Dumbest Town is in Georgia

World's Dumbest Town Vows To Raise IQ
Thursday March11, 2004

The people of Snellville, GA have had it with their image as the world's
dumbest town. So they've embarked on an ambitious program of study to raise
their average IQ by at least 20 points.

"We're tired of people making fun of us," says Mayor Jerry Oberholtzer,
noting that some Americans have started using the phrase "pulled a
Snellville" when someone does something stupid.

The tiny-brained town has earned that reputation many times over. In just
the last year:

Police announced they must stop all patrols, because their squad cars have
run out of gas. "We can't buy new cars until the next budget year," says the
police chief, Capt. Geoff Jacobs.

An abandoned warehouse burned to the ground because firefighters didn't hook
their hoses to water hydrants. "I always thought the water was already in
the truck," says a firehouse commander. "Somebody should've said something
about those hydrant things."

A riot broke out on a street corner, when a crowd of pedestrians began
pushing and shoving after standing at the intersection for more than an
hour. "We were waiting for the stop sign to change, and it never did," says
one of the few to escape injury in the melee.

Several businesses in town, including the bank, have collapsed because
employees can't make change. "They'd get a $5 bill and give change for $50,
or get $100 and give change for $10," says an outside auditor who
investigated the bank failures. "And once word got out, the place was easy
pickings for counterfeiters."

Dozens of dimwits have been hospitalized with bizarre self-inflicted
injuries. Snellville residents often drive cars with cardboard sunscreens
still covering the windshield, try to iron their clothes while wearing them
and jump off buildings dressed as Superman because they think the cape
enables them to fly. The Town Council recently outlawed Superman capes, for
residents' protection.

Desperate to cure the affliction of idiocy, town officials have hired the Fl
oridian tutoring firm Edu-Zone to run classes in math, reading and logic for
the town's 12,084 residents.

"Frankly, I'm not sure we'll have much success at raising their IQ," says an
Edu-Zone spokeswoman. "There are some intelligence researchers who believe
it's possible, but others say IQ is something you are born with and is as
unchangeable as eye color.

"But we are eager to try, for the sake of the town. These people are so
desperately feeble-minded, it's a wonder they're functioning at all."

Snellville's leaders hope to see the town IQ go from a dull-witted 75 to an
average-intelligence mark of 95; experts say an IQ of 90 to 110 is average.

"We'd be real happy going from 75 to 95," Oberholtzer says. "That's two
points, right?"

One of the top pollsters in the country, John Zogby, said that the town is
expected to lean heavily Democratic in this year's Presidential
election...or maybe not.

John Kerry is polling about 58 points ahead of his next closest rival for
the Presidency in one poll.

"When we ask the residents who they support in the 2004 Presidential race,
George Bush the Republican, or John Kerry the Democrat, Kerry comes out way
on top" said Zogby.

However, when the wording was changed to ask who they support in the 2004
Presidential race, the current U.S. President, George Bush, or the Senator
from Massachusetts, John Kerry, the residents from Snellville overwhelmingly
choose Bush.

"We think the discrepancy has to do with the fact that Kerry is viewed as an
unpopular Yankee in this very Southern Confederate-flag-flying town" adds
Mr. Zogby. "Either that, or the fact that the town is filled with imbeciles
that do not know how to punch the proper telephone button during our
automated telephone polls."

Joe

LOL!

basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message nk.net...
World's Dumbest Town Vows To Raise IQ
Thursday March11, 2004

You just get dumber, and dumber, don't you, NOYB?
Charles

NOYB wrote:

The people of Snellville, GA have had it with their image as the world's
dumbest town.

Well dang, I think we just found where b'asskisser lives.

-- Charlie
John H

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:00:56 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

[...]

Doesn't one of our more beloved and less intellectually endowed group
members come from this place?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!