JimH

Default Are you in the top 150?

Is your zip code in the Forbes top 150 list?

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005...0426homep.html

Most are coastal locations...thus the connection to boating.

Mine was rated 151. LOL

Dr. Dr. K. Grear

JimH,

Harry's estate has it's own zip code, and two area codes and 8 species that
were thought to be extinct. He did have 3 pair of Pileated Woodpeckers
living in the woods, but he had to shot them because they were pecking on
the doublewide trailer, making it difficult to nap in the afternoon.

Try to top that one. ; )

"JimH" wrote in message
Is your zip code in the Forbes top 150 list?

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005...0426homep.html

Most are coastal locations...thus the connection to boating.

Mine was rated 151. LOL

JimH

"Dr. Dr. K. Grear" Call180bucme@foragoodtime wrote in message
JimH,

Harry's estate has it's own zip code, and two area codes and 8 species
that were thought to be extinct. He did have 3 pair of Pileated
Woodpeckers living in the woods, but he had to shot them because they were
pecking on the doublewide trailer, making it difficult to nap in the
afternoon.

Try to top that one. ; )

Why did you have to turn this thread sour with your post?

jps

In article , says...
Is your zip code in the Forbes top 150 list?

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005...0426homep.html

Most are coastal locations...thus the connection to boating.

Mine was rated 151. LOL

There must have been some mistake. I know my property alone makes the
zip code worth more than Atherton, CA.

I'm also among the 19% of Americans who think they're in the top 1%.

jps

More than you ever wanted to know about demographics. Got to his site
and enter a city. Larger cities can be examined by zip code:

Examples:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Avon-Lake-Ohio.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Seattle-Washington.html

Garth Almgren

On 4/29/2005 2:27 PM, jps wrote:

In article , says...

Is your zip code in the Forbes top 150 list?

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005...0426homep.html

Most are coastal locations...thus the

.... tenuous ...

connection to boating.

Mine was rated 151. LOL

There must have been some mistake.

I'm surprised that Medina, WA (home to Bill Gates) isn't higher than
98th place. There are some seriously expansive mansions there, on
seriously expensive Lake Washington waterfront property no less.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
Dr. Dr. K. Grear

Gould,
Is this info look correct to you for Seattle? I would have expect
substantially more construction and substantially higher costs.

Seattle
Single-family new house construction building permits:
a.. 1996: 464 buildings, average cost: $125,800
b.. 1997: 469 buildings, average cost: $146,300
c.. 1998: 530 buildings, average cost: $135,200
d.. 1999: 480 buildings, average cost: $136,900
e.. 2000: 449 buildings, average cost: $143,800
f.. 2001: 484 buildings, average cost: $152,800
g.. 2002: 886 buildings, average cost: $159,100
h.. 2003: 914 buildings, average cost: $173,100

wrote in message
oups.com...
More than you ever wanted to know about demographics. Got to his site
and enter a city. Larger cities can be examined by zip code:

Examples:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Avon-Lake-Ohio.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Seattle-Washington.html

Dr. Dr. K. Grear Apr 29, 3:28 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: "Dr. Dr. K. Grear" Call180bucme@foragoodtime - Find messages by
this author
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:28:38 -0400
Subject: Are you in the top 150?
original | Report Abuse

Gould,
Is this info look correct to you for Seattle? I would have expect
substantially more construction and substantially higher costs.

********

You have to read between the lines. There aren't any buildable S/F lots
(or very few) left inside the city limits. I'll bet that 899 or more of
the 914 SF "buildings" they show in 2003 were condos.

If you were looking at free standing, single family homes you would see
very few built recently.
Seattle values are much higher than the list shows for most
neighborhoods. A serious "fixer-upper" went for over $500k on the hill
where we live, and the buyer was glad to get it. I doubt you'd find
anything in the worst imaginable neighborhood or in any condition for
less than $200k. According to a recent article in the local paper, it
isn't uncommon for current sellers to have their asking prices bid *up*
$60-70k by competing buyers.

Frankly it's nuts. Why should my house be valued today at about 4 times
what I paid for it in the early 90's? I've been bullish on real estate
my entire life, but I think some of the folks just getting on the merry
go round for the first time will be in for a rude awakening......hope
not, but it could easily be. Reminds me of the stock market of just a
few years ago, no price is too high because there's a "bigger fool"
coming down the road. I'd be happy to see current prices cool off a
bit and stabilize.

Dr. Dr. K. Grear

Harry,
I have told you many things about myself, including the fact that you used
to make up stories about me and sheep.

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: "Dr. Dr. K. Grear" Call180bucme@foragoodtime - Find messages by
this author
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:28:38 -0400
[...]

Isn't it interesting that "Smithers" has some comment to make about where
you live, but of course has never revealed under his current set of about
three dozen IDs where he lives, what he does, what boat he currently owns,
where he boats, or any information whatsoever, actually.

He's using you for grist in his mill, Chuckster.

--
Bush and the NeoConvicts who control him
are destroying the once-great United States.

NOYB

"Dr. Dr. K. Grear" Call180bucme@foragoodtime wrote in message
Gould,
Is this info look correct to you for Seattle? I would have expect
substantially more construction and substantially higher costs.

Seattle
Single-family new house construction building permits:
a.. 1996: 464 buildings, average cost: $125,800
b.. 1997: 469 buildings, average cost: $146,300
c.. 1998: 530 buildings, average cost: $135,200
d.. 1999: 480 buildings, average cost: $136,900
e.. 2000: 449 buildings, average cost: $143,800
f.. 2001: 484 buildings, average cost: $152,800
g.. 2002: 886 buildings, average cost: $159,100
h.. 2003: 914 buildings, average cost: $173,100

Naples:
Single-family new house construction building permits:
a.. 1996: 67 buildings, average cost: $754,900
b.. 1997: 70 buildings, average cost: $618,000
c.. 1998: 101 buildings, average cost: $565,800
d.. 1999: 117 buildings, average cost: $863,400
e.. 2000: 131 buildings, average cost: $837,200
f.. 2001: 122 buildings, average cost: $868,200
g.. 2002: 118 buildings, average cost: $912,700
h.. 2003: 128 buildings, average cost: $819,800
http://www.city-data.com/city/Naples-Florida.html

This was for *all* zip codes in Naples.

I was actually surprised to not see Naples on the list. There are at least
a dozen zip codes for the "Naples" mailing address. Was there a minimum
population requirement used in the rankings? If you could look up the
"34102" zip code only, the median home price would be higher than the
Atherton, CA median home price.