Jim,

Default ( OT ) Barry Goldwater on God and Politics

"However, on religious issues there can be little or no compromise.
There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious
beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than
Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme
being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's
behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are
growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with
wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following
their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups
on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a
loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the
political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if
I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.'
Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to
claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even
more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every
religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my
vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today:
I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their
moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "
Jim,

George Orwell wrote:

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, "Jim," wrote:

Do you pull this stuff out of your ass? Do you like ruining this group? Did
you forget to take your medication?

To sum it up, you are an asshole.

See

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quotes...25698100716fcc

What part of the quote do you not agree with?
Me Skippy

Jim,,
Great essay you wrote concerning this issue. Oh wait, you didn't write
anything, you just did a quick cut and paste. Oh well, nice cut and paste.

If you don't have the ability to think, a quick cut and paste will do.

"Jim," wrote in message
[...]

Jim,

Me Skippy wrote:

Jim,,
Great essay you wrote concerning this issue. Oh wait, you didn't write
anything, you just did a quick cut and paste. Oh well, nice cut and paste.

If you don't have the ability to think, a quick cut and paste will do.

Kind of hard to be creative when posting a quote (unless of coarse
you're a propagandist and lier)
Me Skippy

I am neither a propagandist or a lier (whatever the hell that is).

As usually, you missed the point completely. Instead of cut and pasting why
don't you write some of your own words and thoughts, oh wait, you don't have
any.

"Jim," wrote in message
Me Skippy wrote:

Jim,,
Great essay you wrote concerning this issue. Oh wait, you didn't write
anything, you just did a quick cut and paste. Oh well, nice cut and
paste.

If you don't have the ability to think, a quick cut and paste will do.

Kind of hard to be creative when posting a quote (unless of coarse you're
a propagandist and lier)

Me Skippy

Harry you keep repeating this lie. Whose ID have I stole? Whose family
member's ID have I stole?

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Jim, wrote:
Me Skippy wrote:

Jim,,
Great essay you wrote concerning this issue. Oh wait, you didn't write
anything, you just did a quick cut and paste. Oh well, nice cut and
paste.

If you don't have the ability to think, a quick cut and paste will do.

Kind of hard to be creative when posting a quote (unless of coarse you're
a propagandist and liar)

"Smithers," aka "Me Skippy," is only "creative" when coming up with
another of 30+ identities here, or in stealing the ID of someone who posts
here or a family member of someone who posts here. "Skippy" indeed.

Ever noticed that these right-wing turds hardly ever post anything about
their personal lives, but, instead, spend most of their time here taking
cheap shots at others?

What has "Smithers" really revealed about himself?

Nothing. Other than a penchant to "play" other posters here.

Jim,

"Jim," wrote in message

Me Skippy wrote:

Jim,,
Great essay you wrote concerning this issue. Oh wait, you didn't write
anything, you just did a quick cut and paste. Oh well, nice cut and
paste.

If you don't have the ability to think, a quick cut and paste will do.

Kind of hard to be creative when posting a quote (unless of coarse you're
a propagandist and lier)

Well Skippy -- I sometimes learn from the wise words of others.
Goldwater was one of a kind. A straightforward and honest politician
ME ME ME

Jimcomma,

Goldwater was wise and a straightforward and honest politician, but you
didn't learn anything from him. Most of the time you don't even realize
what your are cut and pasting. I love it when the cut and paste article you
include contradict your subject heading.

You have never posted an original thought, but sometime it is better to
understand your limitations, so for you, it might be best if you just cut
and pasted articles you think support your position.

I am glad there are some intelligent liberals in the real world, but you are
not one of them.

"Jim," wrote in message

Me Skippy wrote:

Jim,,
Great essay you wrote concerning this issue. Oh wait, you didn't write
anything, you just did a quick cut and paste. Oh well, nice cut and
paste.

If you don't have the ability to think, a quick cut and paste will do.

Kind of hard to be creative when posting a quote (unless of coarse you're
a propagandist and lier)

Well Skippy -- I sometimes learn from the wise words of others. Goldwater
was one of a kind. A straightforward and honest politician

Jim,

Harry.Krause wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message

Me Skippy wrote:

Jim,,
Great essay you wrote concerning this issue. Oh wait, you didn't
write anything, you just did a quick cut and paste. Oh well, nice
cut and paste.

If you don't have the ability to think, a quick cut and paste will do.

Kind of hard to be creative when posting a quote (unless of coarse
you're a propagandist and lier)

Well Skippy -- I sometimes learn from the wise words of others.
Goldwater was one of a kind. A straightforward and honest politician

If you lie down with a pig like Smithers, Jim, you will get up smelling
like a pig.

There's an old saying "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty,
but the pig enjoys it!"
Doug Kanter

"Me Skippy" wrote in message
I am neither a propagandist or a lier (whatever the hell that is).

As usually, you missed the point completely. Instead of cut and pasting
why don't you write some of your own words and thoughts, oh wait, you
don't have any.

Since this discussion is pointless, and all over the place, I may as well
add that you have no grammatical skills. You can obtain a GED for free in
some cities. Awls you hafta dew is lurn the stuff.