Short Wave Sportfishing

Default A boat recommendation please...

A friend of mine and I were talking this morning about boats and he
mentioned that his wife wants to get more involved in his boating
activities now that she is retired. He currently owns a 20 foot
Aquasport CC which is pretty much a fishing boat. The Mrs. would like
some amenities beyond a bucket under a blanket if you get my drift.

He's not sure that his spouse will take to the water all that well, so
he's considering purchasing something used with a cuddy cabin in the
23/26 foot range, trailerable and he doesn't want to get stuck with a
big dollar boat if the spouse doesn't take to Island trips (Martha's,
Vineyard, etc.). Say $5/10 K "experiment" money.

I know nothing about that kind of boat, models or types as I have
always owned open boats, mostly center consoles.

Toss me a few ideas as to manufacturers and what not if you will - I
appreciate it.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)
Doug Kanter

How about taking her out on a variety of chartered fishing boats - the small
kind that take just 2-4 people? He should be able to find some generic
designs that are pretty close to the variety he can find at boat
dealerships.

[...]

John Smith

http://www.boattraderonline.com

The link above will give you an idea what you can get for 5M-10M in the
24-26' range.

I entered in those paremters into the search engine with the key word
"cabin" and got 129 boats.

At that price range it will be an older boat, when I put in Bayliner as the
manufacture, it still showed boats that were built in the 80's and 70's, not
particular good years for Bayliner.

[...]

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:38:41 GMT, "John Smith"
wrote:

http://www.boattraderonline.com

The link above will give you an idea what you can get for 5M-10M in the
24-26' range.

I entered in those paremters into the search engine with the key word
"cabin" and got 129 boats.

At that price range it will be an older boat, when I put in Bayliner as the
manufacture, it still showed boats that were built in the 80's and 70's, not
particular good years for Bayliner.

Thanks

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)
Lloyd Sumpter

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:34:47 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
snip

He's not sure that his spouse will take to the water all that well, so he's
considering purchasing something used with a cuddy cabin in the 23/26 foot
range, trailerable and he doesn't want to get stuck with a big dollar boat if
the spouse doesn't take to Island trips (Martha's, Vineyard, etc.). Say $5/10 K
"experiment" money.

Is it still "Martha's" Vineyard after she's been convicted of various Crimes
Against Nature? Or is that another Martha?

Lloyd

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:31:42 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:34:47 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
snip

He's not sure that his spouse will take to the water all that well, so he's
considering purchasing something used with a cuddy cabin in the 23/26 foot
range, trailerable and he doesn't want to get stuck with a big dollar boat if
the spouse doesn't take to Island trips (Martha's, Vineyard, etc.). Say $5/10 K
"experiment" money.

Is it still "Martha's" Vineyard after she's been convicted of various Crimes
Against Nature? Or is that another Martha?

Somehow I have a problem picturing Martha Stewart starring in a
"Chained Heat" scenario if you get my drift.

~~ snicker ~~

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)
Frank

Hi Tom,

If your friend can find one, A Formula 26 PC is a really nice boat. The 3
foot wide swim platform is just the thing for casting or dragging a big one
aboard. The cabin is FULLY equipped. Carries 40 gallons of freshwater, a 20
gallon holding tank, vac-u-flush system, hot water heater and some have AC&
heat. Sleeps up to 6, but 4 comfortably. You can pick up a 90's for between
20 and 35 K depending on accessories and engine time.

It is worth repowering a run out power plant.

Capt Frank.

BTW
Yes fisherman DO eat avacados. In fact, I grow them in my backyard.

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:04:48 GMT, "Frank"
wrote:

Hi Tom,

If your friend can find one, A Formula 26 PC is a really nice boat. The 3
foot wide swim platform is just the thing for casting or dragging a big one
aboard. The cabin is FULLY equipped. Carries 40 gallons of freshwater, a 20
gallon holding tank, vac-u-flush system, hot water heater and some have AC&
heat. Sleeps up to 6, but 4 comfortably. You can pick up a 90's for between
20 and 35 K depending on accessories and engine time.

It is worth repowering a run out power plant.

Capt Frank.

BTW
Yes fisherman DO eat avacados. In fact, I grow them in my backyard.

Hey Frank - I just passed that info along. Thanks.

Oh, and FYI - I HATE AVACADOS....... :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM