BoatBanter.com

-   -   Need info on starter for Merc 470 (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/35029-need-info-starter-merc-470-a.html)

[email protected] April 15th 05 11:53 PM

Need info on starter for Merc 470

I have a Merc 470 engine but the starter is missing. From what I have
been reading, I believe there are Clockwise and Counter Clockwise
starters for this engine. How can I tell which one I need ?

Anyone know if this Volvo Penta starter fits the Merc 470 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=31284

Thanks

trainfan1 April 16th 05 12:56 AM

wrote:
I have a Merc 470 engine but the starter is missing. From what I have
been reading, I believe there are Clockwise and Counter Clockwise
starters for this engine. How can I tell which one I need ?

Anyone know if this Volvo Penta starter fits the Merc 470 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=31284

No.

Thanks

Get a Sierra 18-5901... like this:

http://store.wmjmarine.com/18-5901.html

Rob

[email protected] April 16th 05 02:57 AM

Thanks Rob. Much appreciated.
Al

HarryKrause April 16th 05 09:21 PM

On 15 Apr 2005 15:53:12 -0700, wrote:

I have a Merc 470 engine

I had one of these when I was a kid. Darn nice motors.