BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bush (Mis)State of the Union (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3494-bush-mis-state-union.html)

Harry Krause March 11th 04 09:48 AM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

Bill wrote:

Harry Krause eat **** and die. You would not know a good President if he
came up to you and slapped you. Go and suck up to Kerry most liberal Senator
in the country. Oh and that Killer from Massachusetts also.

Ahhhh...another erudite Bush supporter...

basskisser March 11th 04 11:39 AM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

"Jim--" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Jim wrote in message

http://www.misleader.org/pdf/nyt_ad.pdf

What I like is the fact that BushCo thinks that showing the aftermath
of 911 as perfectly acceptable to help his re-election bid, but they
are trying to ban moveon.org's ads. Me thinks they are scared.

I would guess that the same analogy could therefore be given to Kerry's use
of his Vietnam experiences in his campaign ads.

Three big differences though.

1. Vietnam happened 30+ years ago, 9-11 less than 4.
2. Kerry was not Commander in Chief during Vietnam, Bush was during 9-11.
3. Being a brave soldier in a war fought 30+ years ago is not a character
trait needed for the job of POTUS. Successfully leading the Country through
the 9-11 tragedy and subsequently starting the war on terror are leadership
traits needed for the job of POTUS.

Where are your cries about Kerry's use of Vietnam video in his ads?

I have no "cries". I do, however, think that a person's military
career should be considered. In response to #3, I DO think that being
a proven leader under the duress of combat is a good quality for the
job. Part 2, Bush's initial reaction was to get to hell out of Dodge.
NOW, what does this have with the initial statement I made, that Bush
thinks it perfectly acceptable to show 9-11 footage, but is trying to
get moveon.org's ads off the air. Why do you think BushCo wants those
ads off of the air? Too much truth to them?

basskisser March 11th 04 11:40 AM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Harry Krause eat **** and die. You would not know a good President if he
came up to you and slapped you. Go and suck up to Kerry most liberal Senator
in the country. Oh and that Killer from Massachusetts also.

Now there is an intelligent response.

basskisser March 11th 04 11:42 AM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

"John Gaquin" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message

......Let's not
forget, Bush started a war unprovoked.

Just out of curiosity, what planet do you live on?

The one where Bush started an unprovoked war with Iraq on. What WAS
that we went there for? Oh, WMD's, right? No, it was Saddam's a bad
man, right? No, it was Saddam's involvement with BinLaden, right? No,
wait a minute, it was to bring democracy and christianism to those
heathen Muslims, right? Damn, I don't know!!

basskisser March 11th 04 11:43 AM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

John H wrote in message . ..

Jim wrote in message

http://www.misleader.org/pdf/nyt_ad.pdf

What I like is the fact that BushCo thinks that showing the aftermath
of 911 as perfectly acceptable to help his re-election bid, but they
are trying to ban moveon.org's ads. Me thinks they are scared.

I would guess that the same analogy could therefore be given to Kerry's use
of his Vietnam experiences in his campaign ads.

Three big differences though.

1. Vietnam happened 30+ years ago, 9-11 less than 4.
2. Kerry was not Commander in Chief during Vietnam, Bush was during 9-11.
3. Being a brave soldier in a war fought 30+ years ago is not a character
trait needed for the job of POTUS. Successfully leading the Country through
the 9-11 tragedy and subsequently starting the war on terror are leadership
traits needed for the job of POTUS.

I'm glad that you put in the part about Bush STARTING a war. Let's not
forget, Bush started a war unprovoked. There are international laws
and treaties against this. Let's hope he is tried for his war crimes.

And on the eighth day, God created turnips.

John H

What an insightful and intelligent remark.

Jim-- March 11th 04 12:38 PM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

Jim wrote in message

[...]

Nope, just the opposite. Too many lies.

Backyard Renegade March 11th 04 12:40 PM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

(basskisser) wrote in message . com...
Jim wrote in message ...
http://www.misleader.org/pdf/nyt_ad.pdf

What I like is the fact that BushCo thinks that showing the aftermath
of 911 as perfectly acceptable to help his re-election bid, but they
are trying to ban moveon.org's ads. Me thinks they are scared.

I am still waiting to see an issue brought forward by the Kerry
slander machine... Does this guy have anything to say besides setup
"off camera" negative ads. Yeah, he did not know the mike was still
on, yeah, right.

John Gaquin March 11th 04 12:50 PM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

"basskisser" wrote in message

The one where Bush started an unprovoked war with Iraq on. What WAS
that we went there for? Oh, WMD's, right? No, it was Saddam's a bad
man, right? No, it was Saddam's involvement with BinLaden, right? No,
wait a minute, it was to bring democracy and christianism to those
heathen Muslims, right? Damn, I don't know!!

When you get a spare second, grab your dictionary and look up the word
'strategy'. Read a book or two. Why were we fighting in Algeria, Libya,
and Egypt in 1942? Nowhere near Germany. Why were we fighting over a bunch
of tiny So Pacific islands 2000 miles from Japan? Why did we invade France,
our ally? Why did we invade the Korean peninsula at Inchon when the enemy
forces were in the south of the country near Pusan?

Oh, one more question...... what the f*#k is "...christianism..."???

John H March 11th 04 10:43 PM

Bush (Mis)State of the Union

On 11 Mar 2004 03:43:18 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

John H wrote in message . ..

Jim wrote in message

[...]

Thanks!

John H