Jim

Default The case for Bush is the case against him

From Slate

http://slate.msn.com/id/2096654/

Extract

From foreign to economic to social policy, Bush's record is a lesson in
the limits and perils of conviction. He's too confident to consult a
map. He's too strong to heed warnings and too steady to turn the wheel
when the road bends. He's too certain to admit error, even after plowing
through ditches and telephone poles. He's too preoccupied with principle
to understand that principle isn't enough. Watching the stars instead of
the road, he has wrecked the budget and the war on terror. Now he's
heading for the Constitution. It's time to pull him over and take away
the keys.

bb

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:55:11 -0500, Jim wrote:

It's time to pull him over and take away
the keys.

It won't be the first time that's happened.

bb
Bert Robbins

"Jim" wrote in message
From Slate

http://slate.msn.com/id/2096654/

Ah, that bastion of unbiased reporting. Try reading something a little less
tilted to the left.

BErt

John H

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 13:02:53 -0500, Jim wrote:

If the right wingers can quote newsmax, how can you object to my posting
slate?

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

From Slate

http://slate.msn.com/id/2096654/

Ah, that bastion of unbiased reporting. Try reading something a little less
tilted to the left.

BErt

Is Slate supposed bo be a good source for liberals.

This next paragraph seems pretty unbiased to me:

"Kerry thinks it's the other way around. He's been telling Democrats
Bush is "the biggest say-one-thing, do-another" president ever.
Yesterday Kerry's campaign responded to Bush's ads by accusing the
president of "unsteady leadership." In the Democratic primaries, this
accusation worked for Kerry, because liberals think Bush is a liar.
But most voters don't, for a good reason: It isn't true. If Kerry
makes the election a referendum on Bush's honesty, Bush will win."

Slate makes a good point.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Yamaha Gear case BB General 0 December 18th 03 03:16 PM
Navy Sonar Case (Somewhat OT) Gary Warner General 4 August 29th 03 02:52 PM
Just How Safe Do You Feel? Doug Kanter General 34 July 13th 03 06:14 PM