Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default What does it take to enter US waters by boat?

Guys,

sorry for the boat related post

I noticed the US border is a lot closer as i thought ... Now I have the
following questions and was wondering if anybody knows the answers:

- For non americans, how close can you go (by boat) to the US border
(an imaginary line)? Can you go somewhat close or across? Is it
monitored closely?

- If you cross the border will the coastguard hassle you? here we have
the case that there are canadian waters that in order to get to you
have to go through US parts of the ocean ...

- If you drive deeper into US waters and even to US land/marina what
procedure do you have to go to before you go?

- Lastly a question just for fun: If the US coast guard hassles you in
US waters can you just drive back into canadian waters? Or will they
chase you? shoot at you? get the canadian coast guard to finish you
off?

Thanks

Matt