Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John H

Default Leader length for trolling

Many of the folks who troll for striped bass (rockfish or stripers)
use a leader which totals about 30' in length. Is that much leader
necessary? I use braided line, so I need *some* leader to allow for
pulling a 40" fish from the water without cutting my fingers off. I'm
wondering why I couldn't get by with about 8' or so.

Ideas?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

first boat length pmiller General 11 March 5th 04 06:49 PM
Birthdate of Norman Maclean Harry Krause General 1 December 24th 03 12:05 AM
Our Great Leader Delivers on His Promises! General 1 September 9th 03 07:24 PM