Default Our Great Leader Delivers on His Promises!

and thank you, ****hole, for contributing more liberal off-topic crap to
this boating newsgroup...

"MadDogDave" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.c2b1bdc41c3526fce0bd6c59f781eeb5@106 3109966.cotse.net...

Early this year, the Bush Administration presented estimates of the
economic impact of its proposed tax cuts. The analysis done by the
President's Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) in February projected a
trajectory for the economy (known as a "baseline") that, in the absence
of any new tax cuts in 2003, would yield a gain of 4.1 million jobs
between July 2003 and the last quarter of 2004. The CEA estimated that,
if the tax cuts were to take effect in July 2003, they would generate an
additional 1.4 million jobs by the end of 2004, for a total gain of 5.5
million jobs.

The tax cuts did take effect in July, just as the CEA's analysis had
assumed. Moreover, the tax cuts actually legislated were more than a
third larger in 2003 and 2004 than the original Bush proposal, with far
larger cuts up front.

Creating 5.5 million jobs over the 16 months between July 2003 and
November 2004 requires an average gain of 344,000 jobs per month. The
new jobs numbers for August provide the first opportunity to assess the
effectiveness of the Bush Administration's program for job growth.
Between July and August, jobs declined by 93,000. Thus, for the first
month since the tax cut took effect, the job total fell 437,000 short of
the 344,000 job increase that the Bush Administration told us to expect
every month.

So, we're 437,000 jobs in the hole and counting.

Thank you, Mr. President, for delivering on your promises.

jps

wrote in message
and thank you, ****hole, for contributing more liberal off-topic crap to
this boating newsgroup...

...and you, for raising the level of debate.