John Gaquin

Default The Phantom Menace MURDERED! (pic)

Any injuries? Boats are replacable.

JG

Clams Canino

So tell me this? There are 14 weekends between Memorial and Labor Day.
We all know what kind of rain the NorthEast has had in the early season.

What's the loss of a weekend boating worth? How do you quantify it? It's no
secret that we go boating (at least) EVERY weekend.

It's Friday, the sun is blazing... and Capt. Clams Canino is staring at a
"land yacht". As opposed to filling our cooler, I'm cleaning out all our
belongings from the boat.

-W

Clams Canino

Ya....

Boat was parked in front of the house, on it's proper side of the white
line. Kid was fiddling with the stereo and drifted right. All of I sudden
I hear a loud crashing sound at 1am, run out, assess problem, call 911, do
some initial 1st aid, yada yada. The car was totaled and actually looks
worse than the boat. Driver was searing his seatbelt and unhurt, passenger
was not, and drove his head through the windsheild.

The kid got charged with felony DWI, the passenger was treated and released,
the insurance adjuster is due next week, the boat and trailer is totaled,
not just from impact damage, but from the inertia of *everything* bolted to
the hull not wanting to move for the 1st millisecond the boat got hit.

Every mounting plate is broken or bent, the transom is broken (outboard
inertia) etc etc. It seems the powertrim also got it's seals hosed, the SS
prop is bent etc etc.

So until the adjuster gets here - I have a genuine shipwreck on my front
lawn. We went out for a "cocktail cruise" last night where we sat out in the
yard and turned on the stereo. The cooler was even broken but the beer
survived. The "Toob of resolve" was tied down in the bow - it survived as
did my skis, our folding chairs, and the dogs tennis balls.

I am not a happy clam............ we only get 14 weeks of F*&^ing summer up
here and it rained the whole first part. This weekend is beautifull and we
had planned to go to Sebago for a "vacation" of sorts. Now I have a 3000lb
lawn ornament. I wonder how they compensate you for a lost week or so on the
water? I can't get this weekend back - ever. And my Cod damned foot is
*finally* healed enough so that I can ski in relative comfort. And speaking
of my foot - I even rehurt *that* a bit yanking on the passenger door to
bend it open backwards so the kid could get out from under the dash. sigh

-W

"Dean" wrote in message
That sucks big time. Is there more of a story?