Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
gjoyce

Default Any truth to urban/marine myth?

I swear I can remember reading this somewhere a long time ago, but ...

Guys are running a small (18-or-so) boat out an inlet on the West
Coast. They hit something floating and punch a hole in the bow ...
water rushes in ... big waterman throws the throttle full forward,
turns boat for shore and chops hole in stern for flow-through ... (for
some reason I recall it being an adventure about some West Coast or
Hawaiian surf stud, or some such)

Boat makes it home safely.

1) has anyone heard this one beside me?
2) Is it true ?
3) Could it be true?

I happen to have some time on my hands today ... and it's the first
day I've worn
my Docksiders without socks this winter ..

Gary