Doug Kanter

Default Billionaire Blasts Bush

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
hlink.net...
In article , "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

On some subjects, maybe. But I suspect that if you asked him to help a
rookie with a hitting slump, his suggestions would be plenty valid.

That's
what this discussion began with, right? Someone's credibility within

their
chosen profession? Does his gambling problem negate his previous skills?

If
he told a little league kid to get his elbow up when batting, would you
consider his advice to be suspect because of his addiction?

depends on which side that he was betting on... ;^P

Ha. Another lightweight, crushed by the jaws of logic and common sense. :-)
At the door on the way out, you may leave either a sack of gold, or your
first born child as a sacrifice.

Doug Kanter

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
(Henry Blackmoore) wrote in message

thlink.net...
In article ,

(basskisser) wrote:

This guy certainly seems to know what he's talking about. He's

spent
his life in finance.

Pete Rose spent his life in baseball... so?

what's your point?

Hey, you're MAKING my point, and don't even realize it!!!!! Too funny!
I'll break the analogy down for you...just FOR YOU.....
Pete Rose spent his life in baseball, you are correct. Pete Rose,
because he spent his life in baseball, knows an awful lot about the
subject, and could EASILY be called an expert, and correctly so.

Yeah, but don't you know that one mistake erases everything you ever

knew
about your profession? :-) And, based on this theory, perhaps 75% of

avid
baseball fans know nothing about the sport because they probably wagered

at
least once on the outcome of a game.

OH, NOW I understand! The point was that Pete Rose, although he knows
more than most about the sport, can't possibly be an expert, because
he got caught doing what probably MOST of the other experts (players,
coaches, etc.) do? Thank you for clearing that up!!!! I couldn't for
the life of me figure out what old Henry was getting at

I helped Henry by yanking some mental floss through his head a few times.
Now, he seems to be saying that you might not trust Pete Rose with regard to
certain things. Guessing: Unless you were stupid, you probably wouldn't loan
him money, since he may have a gambling problem. But you still might talk
baseball with him.

Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message

Let me get this straight: The day before his gambling issue exploded in

the
press, he knew what he was talking about. But the day after, he didn't?

If
Carl Sagan had filmed a show for Nova on Tuesday and was found to be

banging
a half dozen Cornell coeds on Thursday, his knowledge of astronomy and
physics become worthless when the story hits the newspapers?

Now I know why I've always liked Carl!

"...billions and billions of coeds...."

John H

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:01:53 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Let me get this straight: The day before his gambling issue exploded in

the
press, he knew what he was talking about. But the day after, he didn't?

If
Carl Sagan had filmed a show for Nova on Tuesday and was found to be

banging
a half dozen Cornell coeds on Thursday, his knowledge of astronomy and
physics become worthless when the story hits the newspapers?

Now I know why I've always liked Carl!

"...billions and billions of coeds...."

And that was before V.1.ag.Ray!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
John H

wrote:

On some subjects, maybe. But I suspect that if you asked him to help a
rookie with a hitting slump, his suggestions would be plenty valid.

That's
what this discussion began with, right? Someone's credibility within

their
chosen profession? Does his gambling problem negate his previous skills?

If
he told a little league kid to get his elbow up when batting, would you
consider his advice to be suspect because of his addiction?

depends on which side that he was betting on... ;^P

Ha. Another lightweight, crushed by the jaws of logic and common sense. :-)
At the door on the way out, you may leave either a sack of gold, or your
first born child as a sacrifice.

Personally, Doug, I think you got 'em.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Doug Kanter

wrote:

On some subjects, maybe. But I suspect that if you asked him to help a
rookie with a hitting slump, his suggestions would be plenty valid.

That's
what this discussion began with, right? Someone's credibility within

their
chosen profession? Does his gambling problem negate his previous

skills?
If
he told a little league kid to get his elbow up when batting, would

you
consider his advice to be suspect because of his addiction?

depends on which side that he was betting on... ;^P

Ha. Another lightweight, crushed by the jaws of logic and common sense.

:-)
At the door on the way out, you may leave either a sack of gold, or your
first born child as a sacrifice.

Personally, Doug, I think you got 'em.

John H

Me too. I just hope his first born child is 26, female, and shaped like
Jamie Lee Curtis.

Henry Blackmoore

spent his life in bull****...

A lump of coal for Bush NOYB General 3 February 21st 04 07:01 AM
OT--An interesting piece on Bush NOYB General 28 February 12th 04 01:54 PM