Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Calif Bill

Default Saturday salmon fishing.

Went to Moss Landing for the opener and party. Fantastic party as usual.
Both Friday and Saturday. fishing was good, catching was another story. Me
and my partner for the day, trolled all over the bay. FBR on a ball and
watermelon Apex on the DR. Had one hit on the FBR and no stick. Raked bait
and lost ball. Finally gave up about 11:30 as wind was coming up and
trolled from Mulligan's to the harbor. Not many bait balls. I think the
warm water temps and the swell have broken up the bait schools and kept the
salmon up north. Good thing that I got to sipping a little Jack D. Saturday
evening, and decided to stay in the camper and not come home that evening.
As I pulled into West Marine in Santa Cruz a nice man and his family pulled
up and said my trailer wheel was cockeyed. Was about 5 minutes from leaving
the trailer. Had lost a bearing and had got hot enough to deform the
spindle nut part. tied up the axle to the frame and moved the boat forward
on the trailer and inflated the tire to maximum and towed home at 30-40 mph
from Santa Cruz to Pleasanton. No cop seen in the whole trip. Ordered the
new axle and hardware this morning from EZ-loader. Have to pull the hub and
see if it is toast. Kodiak Disk brake. New engine ran well in the boat,
except idle is wrong. When coming off plane to idle, the engine would die
at times. Had a small water leak at the exhaust hose. Was stopping at WM
to get the better exhaust hose clamps. They were out of the 4" size. Cudos
to WM for furnishing free coffee and donuts at the launch at Moss. I heard
they did it at all the ramps.
Bill 21' Jetcraft Bluewater.