Default filling holes - matching color / shine on gel coat?

I'm removing an antenna and the bracket will leave some holes.

I've read Marine Tex will fill the holes, but since I won't be
painting over them any suggestion on how to cover them and get the
best possible consistent finish. Obviously not expecting perfection,
but close enough to not be obvious.

My boat's hull is white, is Marine Tex white? If not any product like
this white?

Thanks.
Jim

I'm always amazed at the responses to this question.

Is the manufacturer still in business? Are we talking a gel coat
surface, or a painted surface?

Assuming this is a Sea Ray, or something similar:
Call them, and ask for a can of the proper color gel coat. There are
surprisingly few colors out there. Really.
If small hole, catalyze properly, mix and fill hole, cover hole with
scotch tape.
If larger hole, fill with a good polyester filler, leaving the surface a
bit low, then follow the previous step.
If working from back side, tape up hole, put catalyzed gel coat in hole
first, then fill with polyester filler.

The scotch tape, with practice, will leave an almost acceptably smooth,
shiny surface. No release required. A bit of light sanding and
polishing may be necessary.

I used to do warranty work for a major manufacturer. This is how it's
done....
As for marine tex, it "probably" won't shrink and expand with the
polyester the boat is made from, and will show a small crack around the
edges eventually.

Jim

wrote:
On 11 Feb 2004 09:12:50 -0800,
wrote:

I'm removing an antenna and the bracket will leave some holes.

I've read Marine Tex will fill the holes, but since I won't be
painting over them any suggestion on how to cover them and get the
best possible consistent finish. Obviously not expecting perfection,
but close enough to not be obvious.

My boat's hull is white, is Marine Tex white? If not any product like
this white?

Thanks.

Marine-tex is available in white as well as the traditional gray.

BB