BoatBanter.com

-   -   Calif Bill (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3125-calif-bill.html)

Jim Carter February 9th 04 10:45 PM

Calif Bill

To Calif Bill and to the rest of this group, my sincere apologies for my
loss of temper and my rudeness. I love Canada dearly, but my responses to
Calif Bill were rude. I'm sorry...

Jim Carter
"The Boat "
Bayfield

jps February 9th 04 11:53 PM

Calif Bill

In article s4UVb.55984$3YE1.16808
@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, says...
To Calif Bill and to the rest of this group, my sincere apologies for my
loss of temper and my rudeness. I love Canada dearly, but my responses to
Calif Bill were rude. I'm sorry...

Jim Carter
"The Boat "
Bayfield

Wow, that's more politeness than I could muster in a month. You Canucks
are a bloody treasure!

Seriously, though. I was in Montegue Harbor and Sidney BC in the days
following 911 and our neighbors to the north were truly sympathetic.
There were a few mentions of having hired the village idiot to run the
country but that only made me feel more kinship with my northern
brothers and sisters.

No need to apologize for standing up for your country.

jps

Calif Bill February 10th 04 04:07 AM

Calif Bill

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Well JPS, for a guy who claims to be closely align with Canada, you will
never have the class they do.
Bill

RG February 10th 04 04:10 AM

Calif Bill

Seriously, though. I was in Montegue Harbor and Sidney BC in the days
following 911 and our neighbors to the north were truly sympathetic.

You obviously didn't encounter Lloyd during your visit.

Calif Bill February 10th 04 04:12 AM

Calif Bill

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
To Calif Bill and to the rest of this group, my sincere apologies for my
loss of temper and my rudeness. I love Canada dearly, but my responses

Calif Bill were rude. I'm sorry...

Jim Carter
"The Boat "
Bayfield

Apology accepted. I actually like Canada. I spend time and money in BC.
Both fishing Campbell River and skiing Whistler. Used to go to Calgary for
business. Get in a day skiing Sunshine Village. Just needed to rag Lloyd
and his lack of fuel content. Looking at an extended trip next year to
Vancouver region.
Bill

Calif Bill February 10th 04 05:07 AM

Calif Bill

"RG" wrote in message

Seriously, though. I was in Montegue Harbor and Sidney BC in the days
following 911 and our neighbors to the north were truly sympathetic.

You obviously didn't encounter Lloyd during your visit.

Not nice!

RG February 10th 04 05:49 AM

Calif Bill

Not nice!

But nuts-on accurate. Perhaps you've forgotten Lloyd's incredibly
insensitive posts to this group at that time. When he was admonished by
numerous regulars of the group at the time (myself included), he claimed to
be so emotionally scarred by the backlash that he swore to leave the group
and never return. No apology was ever offered, as I recall. Unfortunately,
it wasn't long and he was back with his moronic posts and ceaseless
anti-American rhetoric. You were here at the time, Bill. I'm surprised
that you've forgotten. There's so few of us left here from that time. I
may be one of the few that remember. It would make for an interesting
Google search.

Lloyd Sumpter February 10th 04 02:50 PM

Calif Bill

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:12:49 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
To Calif Bill and to the rest of this group, my sincere apologies for my loss
of temper and my rudeness. I love Canada dearly, but my responses

Calif Bill were rude. I'm sorry...

Jim Carter
"The Boat "
Bayfield

Apology accepted. I actually like Canada. I spend time and money in BC. Both
fishing Campbell River and skiing Whistler. Used to go to Calgary for business.
Get in a day skiing Sunshine Village. Just needed to rag Lloyd and his lack of
fuel content. Looking at an extended trip next year to Vancouver region.
Bill

Hey, Bill: if you're in the neighbourhood, stop by - I might let you ride on a
REAL boat ;) (or if you're into flyfishing for 'bows...)

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12

Calif Bill February 11th 04 07:57 AM

Calif Bill

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:12:49 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
[...]

I have a real boat. A tin boat (actually 2) one a 14' Valco tinnie. Also a
canoe and a Kayak. My float tube also count? Inherited an Islander 30 Mk
II. Sold it years ago. Just not into big sailboats. Do love sailing El
Toro's. And use to have a sail board.
Bill

Bill

jps February 11th 04 09:09 AM

Calif Bill

In article k.net,
says...

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

You being the arbiter? I laugh to myself silently.

I went to school there and get on extremely well with my Canadian
brethren. If Bush is elected again, they may have the pleasure of my
company permanently. Fortunately for you and the rest of the country,
Kerry is going to clean Bush's clock.

jps