BoatBanter.com

-   -   motor does not start (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3112-motor-does-not-start.html)

mohm senad February 8th 04 11:30 PM

motor does not start

I have a Volvo Penta MB10
it does not start , even the starter is not able to turn it and I have
to help the starter!
but if the motor is a little warm, the starter can turn it ans is
starts problemles.

Q: is it because the batteri is too old? or the starter is not ok? or
even the motor itself has a problem?

thabks
Mo

Doug Kanter February 9th 04 03:27 PM

motor does not start

You forgot C:
It's a boat. It's supposed to f*&k with your head on a regular basis.

mohm senad February 9th 04 10:02 PM

motor does not start

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:27:48 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

You forgot C:
It's a boat. It's supposed to f*&k with your head on a regular basis.

Thank you very much . it was very helpfull

you arrogant.

jchaplain February 9th 04 10:41 PM

motor does not start

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:30:42 +0100, mohm senad
wrote:

I have a Volvo Penta MB10
it does not start , even the starter is not able to turn it and I have
to help the starter!
but if the motor is a little warm, the starter can turn it ans is
starts problemles.

Q: is it because the batteri is too old? or the starter is not ok? or
even the motor itself has a problem?

thabks
Mo

wbel, maybees wes cabnt's unbersahns you promlemles bescus yo cabnt
spelt orb spokes.

MPerlst216 February 10th 04 01:17 PM

motor does not start

No wonder so many foriegners hate Americans.

Doug Kanter February 10th 04 03:08 PM

motor does not start

wrote:

You forgot C:
It's a boat. It's supposed to f*&k with your head on a regular basis.

Thank you very much . it was very helpfull

you arrogant.

If you continue owning a boat, you'd better develop a sense of humor, or
you're going to end up very frustrated.

Doug Kanter February 10th 04 03:09 PM

motor does not start

wrote:

I have a Volvo Penta MB10
it does not start , even the starter is not able to turn it and I have
to help the starter!
but if the motor is a little warm, the starter can turn it ans is
starts problemles.

Q: is it because the batteri is too old? or the starter is not ok? or
even the motor itself has a problem?

thabks
Mo

wbel, maybees wes cabnt's unbersahns you promlemles bescus yo cabnt
spelt orb spokes.

Asshole. English is apparently not his native language. Tu eres un animale
susio.

UglyDan®©™ February 10th 04 03:42 PM

motor does not start

I think the MB10 has a belt driven starter/generator, check the belt
tension, clean the terminals, try a new battery, new brushes?? and if
all else fails use your handcrank.
UD

Jim Carter February 10th 04 04:43 PM

motor does not start

"UglyDan®©T" wrote in message
I think the MB10 has a belt driven starter/generator, check the belt
tension, clean the terminals, try a new battery, new brushes?? and if
all else fails use your handcrank.
UD

Thank you Dan for your response to a good and legitimate question.
Too bad others do not have your good manners.

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

mohm senad February 10th 04 08:52 PM

motor does not start

wrote:

I have a Volvo Penta MB10
it does not start , even the starter is not able to turn it and I have
to help the starter!
but if the motor is a little warm, the starter can turn it ans is
starts problemles.

Q: is it because the batteri is too old? or the starter is not ok? or
even the motor itself has a problem?

thabks
Mo

wbel, maybees wes cabnt's unbersahns you promlemles bescus yo cabnt
spelt orb spokes.

even if you could guess (!!) what I wrote, you never could make a
contribution.
enough of that, nobody needs your hint.

jchaplain February 11th 04 12:31 AM

motor does not start

Asshole. English is apparently not his native language. Tu eres un animale
susio.

Thats fine, but did you see the response this moron gave to you
Doug?...

Thank you very much . it was very helpfull
you arrogant.

And you called me an asshole for not respecting this dip****?
I can certainly understand that a person is trying to post a question
who does not speak or write English well, but then this idiot posted a
follow up calling you arrogrant when you joked with him. Sort of
****ed me off, but Doug...seeing your response to me...##ck you too.

jchaplain February 11th 04 12:34 AM

motor does not start

On 10 Feb 2004 13:17:58 GMT, (MPerlst216) wrote:

No wonder so many foriegners hate Americans.

Maybe if foriegners, or anyone else came to this board being civil
instead of calling people arrogant for posting a joke, they would be
more welcome and respected.

Doug Kanter February 11th 04 03:01 AM

motor does not start

"jchaplain" wrote in message
Asshole. English is apparently not his native language. Tu eres un

animale
susio.

Thats fine, but did you see the response this moron gave to you
Doug?...

Thank you very much . it was very helpfull
you arrogant.

And you called me an asshole for not respecting this dip****?
I can certainly understand that a person is trying to post a question
who does not speak or write English well, but then this idiot posted a
follow up calling you arrogrant when you joked with him. Sort of
****ed me off, but Doug...seeing your response to me...##ck you too.

I see both sides of the issue. It sometimes annoys people. I decided when I
turned 50 that I could say whatever the hell I wanted. :-) It's the only
good advice I ever got from my ex mother-in-law.