John H

Default Some OT good news -- Americans not all bad!

Not bad enough for the NY Times:

Task Force 1st Armored Division Soldiers Swap Smiles With Orphans

by CJTF-7 Public Affairs

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Even in a hostile environment where the enemy could
be just around the corner, nothing will put a smile on a soldier's
face more quickly than little kids.

The soldiers of 2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment at Camp
Marlboro never pass up a chance to make life just a little bit easier
for some of the less fortunate Iraqi children.

The 2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment supports Task Force 1st
Armored Division.

Earlier this month, these soldiers visited Al-Rhama's House for
Orphans where they have made lots of little friends.

The orphanage is a privately run organization that takes care of
approximately 53 girls and boys ranging in age from 5 to19 years old.

"Most of these children either have no father or mother or no family
at all and would be living on the streets if it were not for the
orphanage," said Maj. Mathew Stuart, 2nd Squadron chaplain.

The soldiers were told about of the orphanage by a soccer coach in
Sadr City.

Some of the "Cougars" took it upon themselves to collect school
supplies to give to the kids. Soldiers' friends and families in the
United States donated most of the supplies given to the children. The
supplies ranged from school supplies to new shoes and toys.

The soldiers delivering the packages to the children were by no means
strangers at the orphanage.

Almost a month earlier, on Christmas Day, Maj. Stuart coordinated a
toy drop at the orphanage where most of the kids were surprised to
meet the soldiers.

This time around, the kids were "extremely excited to see us again"
the chaplain said.

The ongoing relationship between the Cougars living at Camp Marlboro
and the children at Al-Rhama's House for Orphans will continue, he
said.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Mark Browne

John,

You really should think through this stuff berfore you post it.

How do supose these kids came to be orphans? Could it have anything to do
with "colalition forces" killing or disrputing their families?

One of the more popular "feel good" pictures floating around is a picture of
a soldier cradling a child. I remember seeing the same picture in the
original news article. The squad had just finished mistakenly killing the
childs family at a checkpoint.

Sheesh!

Mark Browne
P. S. Perhaps it would be better to stick to "on topic" posts, or at least
ones you know something about?

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

Harry Krause

"John H" wrote in message
Not bad enough for the NY Times:

Task Force 1st Armored Division Soldiers Swap Smiles With Orphans

John is absolutely clueless about what you are discussing or about the
b.s. factor in military PR. What John posts here is, for the most part,
the same kind of garbage that used to come out of military PR during the
war against vietnam.

Is Iraq our new Vietnam?

Beginning to look that way for those of us who remember.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Backyard Renegade

"Mark Browne" wrote in message news:tHvVb.254389$na.414941@attbi_s04...
John,

You really should think through this stuff berfore you post it.

How do supose these kids came to be orphans? Could it have anything to do
with "colalition forces" killing or disrputing their families?

Uh, no... I seriously doubt it and so do you but it fits your anti
American agenda so why not huh?

One of the more popular "feel good" pictures floating around is a picture of
a soldier cradling a child. I remember seeing the same picture in the
original news article. The squad had just finished mistakenly killing the
childs family at a checkpoint.

Who told you this, Michael Moore?

Well folks, now we know Harry, Basskisser, and this ass clown will not
debate honestly or stick to provable facts, so another one to write
off. Just a couple of more liars and shills out of the mix and we got
the group back.

Please folks, do not address this dribble, we are smart enough to
understand the source, do not give him anything to twist or misquote..
Let the thread die...

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

Harry Krause

Backyard Renegade wrote:
"Mark Browne" wrote in message news:tHvVb.254389$na.414941@attbi_s04...
John,

You really should think through this stuff berfore you post it.

How do supose these kids came to be orphans? Could it have anything to do
with "colalition forces" killing or disrputing their families?

Uh, no... I seriously doubt it and so do you but it fits your anti
American agenda so why not huh?

One of the more popular "feel good" pictures floating around is a picture of
a soldier cradling a child. I remember seeing the same picture in the
original news article. The squad had just finished mistakenly killing the
childs family at a checkpoint.

That's right. It is anti-American to worry about the children we are
orphaning in Bush's war of strategic disaster.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Don White

Remember the 'good 'ole days' when the troops could frag entire villages and
no one was the wiser........
Those pesky journalists sure complicated war.

Harry Krause wrote in message

That's right. It is anti-American to worry about the children we are
orphaning in Bush's war of strategic disaster.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

Remember the 'good 'ole days' when the troops could frag entire villages and
no one was the wiser........
Those pesky journalists sure complicated war.

Harry Krause wrote in message

That's right. It is anti-American to worry about the children we are
orphaning in Bush's war of strategic disaster.

--
Email sent to is never read.

It's certainly a problem.

--
Email sent to
is never read.
John H

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:00:41 GMT, "Mark Browne"
wrote:

John,

You really should think through this stuff berfore you post it.

How do supose these kids came to be orphans? Could it have anything to do
with "colalition forces" killing or disrputing their families?

One of the more popular "feel good" pictures floating around is a picture of
a soldier cradling a child. I remember seeing the same picture in the
original news article. The squad had just finished mistakenly killing the
childs family at a checkpoint.

Sheesh!

Mark Browne
P. S. Perhaps it would be better to stick to "on topic" posts, or at least
ones you know something about?

You would be more pleased, Harry, if nothing was done for Iraqi
orphans?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

wrote:

[...]

I'd be more pleased if we weren't in Iraq creating orphans.

--
Email sent to is never read.