JDavis1277

Default Mobile, AL Boatshow

The show started today at noon. We had a lot of terrific boats and several
quality vendors. A group of six of us went. We are all small boat owners and
a few of us often do inshore fishing together.

There was a lot to see and my impression is that boats just keep getting
better... and more costly, too! As I've alwanys been a bit nutso about
Whalers I spent a lot of time looking them over. I liked a couple of them,
well OK all of them, a lot. But in particularI liked the Nantucket(?) 190 best
followed closely by the 17 Montaulk(?). The 17 now has a modified V-hull vs
the old tri-hull design that pounded so much. It is a lot of Whaler for the
money, IMO.

The Trophy line was much improved over previous years. Since I've not looked
them over very closely for many years the trend may not be new to the line.
Saw a couple that could live in my driveway. Fit and finish while not superb
was pretty good and the prices were, IMO, good value... subject to sea trials.

The show is a great bargain at $6 per head.

Butch