John Gaquin

Default Boat Naming Help

"kspraker" wrote in message

....Now I need
a boat name. My MT was name Hi-Tech, but I'm at a loss on this one.

I prefer boat names that mean something to the people most closely involved.
On the other hand, a clever play-on-words is always good for a chuckle on
the dock, with the added benefit that you will think yourself more and more
clever with each passing beer or glass of wine.

The most important thing is to have a name easily understood by rescue folk
on the radio. Consider that before you name your boat in binary.

JG

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:36:29 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"kspraker" wrote in message

....Now I need
a boat name. My MT was name Hi-Tech, but I'm at a loss on this one.

I prefer boat names that mean something to the people most closely involved.
On the other hand, a clever play-on-words is always good for a chuckle on
the dock, with the added benefit that you will think yourself more and more
clever with each passing beer or glass of wine.

The most important thing is to have a name easily understood by rescue folk
on the radio. Consider that before you name your boat in binary.

Well, the binary would be the lettering - you would pronounce it IT.

It - IT - get.....er...never mind... :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"...the tyrannical fascination which angling
holds for all those who have been once initiated
into its mysteries." Rafael Sabatini (1925)
JCollins

Veritas

But...I really like DOS Boat

John

Clams Canino

Much like "C Drive" improves to "Sea Drive" grin

So Can "DOS Boat" be improved to "DOS Boot"

Not only is it closer to the original "Das Boot", but we get an additional
pun on the fact that one Boots DOS.

-W

"JCollins" wrote in message
Veritas

But...I really like DOS Boat

John

JCollins

Good one!

John

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Much like "C Drive" improves to "Sea Drive" grin

So Can "DOS Boat" be improved to "DOS Boot"

Not only is it closer to the original "Das Boot", but we get an additional
pun on the fact that one Boots DOS.

-W

"JCollins" wrote in message
Veritas

But...I really like DOS Boat

John

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 00:58:53 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

Much like "C Drive" improves to "Sea Drive" grin

So Can "DOS Boat" be improved to "DOS Boot"

Not only is it closer to the original "Das Boot", but we get an additional
pun on the fact that one Boots DOS.

Agreed.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"...the tyrannical fascination which angling
holds for all those who have been once initiated
into its mysteries." Rafael Sabatini (1925)
Don White

How about
'IT bytes'
or 'Byte Me'

kspraker wrote in message I don't know, the
wife doesn't like the idea of it being named after
her, but she does like the C-Drive/Sea Drive idea.....You guys are
great at this! Keep 'em coming!

kspraker

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 01:37:56 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

I don't make good things.

I make good things - better. LOL

Yes Clams you do, although I hope to have much better times on "Sea
Drive" than were had on Das Boot!

Now off to order lettering, and back to the dealer for rigging, final
prep, and shrink wrapping so as to depress me until spring! Will
report on first splash down come spring time! Thanks again!

Guess its time to change my posting alias....Sea Drive, wilco, out!

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Sailor's tattoo, must be married too long, Wooden Boat Festival Gould 0738 General 2 September 10th 03 06:38 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM