rwcmick

Default What kind of boat...SF Bay N. California Lakes

So...My wife and I are looking to get our first boat. Ideally we'd
like something that we could tool around in on the Bay, but still be
trailerable so that we could take it to Almanor and what not. The
boat could take us and a couple of friends. We don't need a lot of
speed or luxury. The budget would be no more than 30k and hopefully
less than that. Very open to buying good condition older boats.
Anyone have recommendations?
Calif Bill

"rwcmick" wrote in message
om...
So...My wife and I are looking to get our first boat. Ideally we'd
like something that we could tool around in on the Bay, but still be
trailerable so that we could take it to Almanor and what not. The
boat could take us and a couple of friends. We don't need a lot of
speed or luxury. The budget would be no more than 30k and hopefully
less than that. Very open to buying good condition older boats.
Anyone have recommendations?

$30K is a big budget for what you want. Especially if a used boat. Pick
your days and a 20' boat is fine on the bay. I run a 21' Jetcraft Bluewater
aluminum jetboat on the bay and even on the ocean on nice days. I paid $20k
if 1995 for it and is still worth about the same. Lots of glass boats for
20-30k that fulfill your requirements. Check out
http://coastside.juicyweb.com/phpclassifieds//index.php
Lots of bay boats on the site. Is the Bay area fishing board.
Bill

rwcmick

thanks for you reply. i'll check out the site. any opinions on a c-dory?
Calif Bill

"rwcmick" wrote in message
om...
thanks for you reply. i'll check out the site. any opinions on a c-dory?

Friend had one, and liked it. Was smaller version. Post on Coastside and
there will be somebody who owns one to reply.
Bill

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Sailor's tattoo, must be married too long, Wooden Boat Festival Gould 0738 General 2 September 10th 03 06:38 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM