John H

Default Bush caught in lie about N. Korean "nuke" sales

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:56:08 -0500, HarryKrause wrote:

But that is not what U.S. intelligence reported, according to two
officials with detailed knowledge of the transaction.

Sometimes I believe unnamed sources, especially from the Washington Post, even
less then 'named' sources.
--
John H

Doug Kanter

" Tuuk" wrote in message
That is funny,,

krause calling someone else a liar,,,

Didn't your buddy dubya end his vacation to sign a bill to save a gal's
life in Florida???

Where is all your criticism of dubya on this one krause???

Political masturbation requires no comments. It's obvious to anyone who's
awake.

NOYB

"HarryKrause" wrote in message

washingtonpost.com
U.S. Misled Allies About Nuclear Export
North Korea Sent Material To Pakistan, Not to Libya

By Dafna Linzer
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, March 20, 2005; Page A01

In an effort to increase pressure on North Korea, the Bush administration
told its Asian allies in briefings earlier this year that Pyongyang had
exported nuclear material to Libya.

But...North Korea...had supplied uranium hexafluoride to Pakistan. It was
Pakistan...that sold the material to Libya.

Now wait just one minute there. When Halliburtion sells stuff to the UAE or
Qatar, and they resell it to Iran, you guys on the left scream that
Halliburton is selling stuff to the Iranians. Now, when Bush says that N.
Korea has supplied uranium hexafluoride to Lybia, you scream "no, they sold
it to Pakistan".

Why does the middleman matter in the second scenario and not in the first?

NOYB

Doug Kanter wrote:
" Tuuk" wrote in message

That is funny,,

krause calling someone else a liar,,,

Didn't your buddy dubya end his vacation to sign a bill to save a gal's
life in Florida???

Where is all your criticism of dubya on this one krause???

Political masturbation requires no comments. It's obvious to anyone who's
awake.

I absolutely oppose the intrusion of Congress and Bush on this matter. It
is a further example of the Republicans intruding into personal matters,
especially those between a husband and a wife, and it is, I believe a
violation of the 10th Amendment.

So that's your argument? That it violates the 10th Amendment? So I suppose
that you'd prefer that the Florida Congress make the rules instead? Fine.
Republicans control the state congress too.

Doug Kanter

"HarryKrause" wrote in message

I absolutely oppose the intrusion of Congress and Bush on this matter. It
is a further example of the Republicans intruding into personal matters,
especially those between a husband and a wife, and it is, I believe a
violation of the 10th Amendment.

I don't have a link to prove this, but aren't Republicans the same putzes
who say liberals want to burden the nation with piles of regulations?

thunder

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:55:17 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Now wait just one minute there. When Halliburtion sells stuff to the UAE
or Qatar, and they resell it to Iran, you guys on the left scream that
Halliburton is selling stuff to the Iranians. Now, when Bush says that N.
Korea has supplied uranium hexafluoride to Lybia, you scream "no, they
sold it to Pakistan".

Why does the middleman matter in the second scenario and not in the first?

Halliburton does business in Iran *without* middlemen. Subsidiaries are
not middlemen.

http://www.halliburton.com/news/archive/2004/report.jsp

NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:55:17 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Now wait just one minute there. When Halliburtion sells stuff to the UAE
or Qatar, and they resell it to Iran, you guys on the left scream that
Halliburton is selling stuff to the Iranians. Now, when Bush says that N.
Korea has supplied uranium hexafluoride to Lybia, you scream "no, they
sold it to Pakistan".

Why does the middleman matter in the second scenario and not in the
first?

Halliburton does business in Iran *without* middlemen. Subsidiaries are
not middlemen.

http://www.halliburton.com/news/archive/2004/report.jsp

Perhaps Pakistan is a N. Korean subsidiary.

thunder

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:31:30 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Perhaps Pakistan is a N. Korean subsidiary.

Interesting politics, isn't it? It's my understanding that Pakistan has
proliferated nuclear technologies far more than N. Korea. It is a
breeding ground for terrorist organizations, including al Qaeda.
It's interesting that Bush didn't include them in his "axis of evil",
isn't it?
Doug Kanter

"thunder" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:31:30 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Perhaps Pakistan is a N. Korean subsidiary.

Interesting politics, isn't it? It's my understanding that Pakistan has
proliferated nuclear technologies far more than N. Korea. It is a
breeding ground for terrorist organizations, including al Qaeda.
It's interesting that Bush didn't include them in his "axis of evil",
isn't it?

This is easy: Remember that pointless photo-op nonsense last year, in which
Pakistan agreed to "help" us find OBL, and mobilized lots of nice soldiers
and machinery for a few weeks? Remember what they asked in return for that
charade? I remember: They were allowed to buy weapons from us. Now, do you
suppose anyone from companies like Lockheed were invited to blow GWB on a
golf course in Crawford before all this was made public?