Clams Canino

Default Laying claim to a boat name.

One we finally move and get set up.

I still wanna put my vintage Merc 800 on a little 12-13 ft hotboat and make
a little critter that goes real fast, at least 23 pitch at 5500 kinda fast.

The boats name is picked: "Ski Biscuit"

-W

Harry Krause

Clams Canino wrote:

One we finally move and get set up.

I still wanna put my vintage Merc 800 on a little 12-13 ft hotboat and make
a little critter that goes real fast, at least 23 pitch at 5500 kinda fast.

The boats name is picked: "Ski Biscuit"

-W

If I were you, I'd register it in Australia so some off-her-rocker wench
doesn't do the same and sue you for fifty cents.

Cute name.

Where are you planning to run this little suicide boat?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Clams Canino

We're looking at lakefront property in S.C. - wife is in charge of house
hunting. So far we got an offer on this place within 10k of target. I feel
spring "selling season" outta do the trick (hopefully).

Once I get my own dock, I plan to have the PM-II, a newer party barge
powered by my 1958 Mark 58 (yet to be named) , and "Ski Biscuit" which will
be a Hydrostream VooDoo powered by my '61 Merc 800. The VooDoo was rated for
50hp, but a lot of people are putting that Yamaha 70hp (propshaft rated) on
them. My Merc 800 prolly makes about 70 at the prop. So long as I don't
over-trim it, I stand a good chance of not blowing it over.

The PM-2 will just break 50 if I *ever* get around to hopping up it's big
inline.
I want "Ski Biscuit" to go 60 / 65. EG

-W

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Cute name.

Where are you planning to run this little suicide boat?

--
Email sent to is never read.

Peggie Hall

Gene Kearns wrote:
We're looking at lakefront property in S.C.
Once I get my own dock, .......

Clams,

From this, I assume from this that you are in charge of the
waterfront..... if so, you need to be very careful where you locate.
We have had drought in this are so badly, of late, that lots of
dockage has been *way* high and dry.

The terrain has a lot to do with whether you're left high and dry or
not. It's nice to have a level or only gently sloping back yard, but tht
gentle slope is likely to continue on into the lake, which means shallow
water under the dock and for quite a way out from shore...which in turn
maean that when the water level drops, the linear feet can be 3-5x the
amount of the vertical drop. Conversely, a steep back yard usually
means deep water...so when the water level drops, there's a lot more of
it left under the dock.

Something to consider in your house hunting. It may be a major PITA to
climb up and down a 50' hill from the house to the dock...but if
flucuating water levels are likely to be a major issue, better to do
that than have your entire cove turn into a mud flat every time the lake
drops 6-8'.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:28:07 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

One we finally move and get set up.

I still wanna put my vintage Merc 800 on a little 12-13 ft hotboat and make
a little critter that goes real fast, at least 23 pitch at 5500 kinda fast.

The boats name is picked: "Ski Biscuit"

I like it.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
The years will bring their Anodyne,
But I shall never quite forget,
The fish that I had counted mine
And lost before they reached the net.

Colin Ellis, "The Devot Angler" quoted
in A. R. Macdougall, Jr's "The Trout
Fisherman's Bedside Book" (1963)

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Interesting boat ride...... Gould 0738 General 21 October 21st 03 02:00 AM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM