JimH

Default Oil at $56/barrel

Oil now at $56/barrel with $2.20/gallon prices at the street pumps.

http://tinyurl.com/3jzt2

How much will it be at the docks?

A good year to be without a boat. I do feel your pain. ;-)

Black Dog

JimH wrote:
Oil now at $56/barrel with $2.20/gallon prices at the street pumps.

http://tinyurl.com/3jzt2

How much will it be at the docks?

A good year to be without a boat. I do feel your pain. ;-)

It's never a good year to be without a boat.

It is a good year to have a *sailboat*. No pain here

Stella

Actually, it is a good year to not only own, but use a boat, as soon as old
man winter departs the building. A nice accessory to boat ownership is
dividend paying oil company stock.

J wrote:
Actually, it is a good year to not only own, but use a boat, as soon

as old
man winter departs the building. A nice accessory to boat ownership

is
dividend paying oil company stock.

Really? How does that work? Are you saying that if you have oil stock,
that buying gas at $2.50 per gallon is somehow going to give you a net
gain?

basskisser

Calif Bill wrote:
Well, my Chevron stock has doubled in value and I also get a nice

dividend.
Helps with the fuel bills.

Well, I'll ask again. Do you honestly think that if you pay MORE for
gas, that that somehow equates to more money from oil stock? You DO
know that stock value and the price at the pump have very little in
common, don't you?

Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Calif Bill wrote:
Well, my Chevron stock has doubled in value and I also get a nice

dividend.
Helps with the fuel bills.

Well, I'll ask again. Do you honestly think that if you pay MORE for
gas, that that somehow equates to more money from oil stock? You DO
know that stock value and the price at the pump have very little in
common, don't you?

Back to basskisser, EH? Lots of your side has been saying the price is run
up to get more profit. Well, more profit, means more dividends and price of
stock goes up. Simple.

basskisser

Calif Bill wrote:
Well, my Chevron stock has doubled in value and I also get a nice

dividend.
Helps with the fuel bills.

Well, I'll ask again. Do you honestly think that if you pay MORE

for
gas, that that somehow equates to more money from oil stock? You DO
know that stock value and the price at the pump have very little in
common, don't you?

Back to basskisser, EH? Lots of your side has been saying the price

is run
up to get more profit. Well, more profit, means more dividends and

price of
stock goes up. Simple.

Lots of my "side"? What is my side, Bill? Hmm, so, now, you are saying
that because you pay more at the pump, you'll MAKE money???? Here's a
little simple point for you, Bill. Because the price at the pump goes
up, doesn't mean a damned thing to the end profit. It's the price of
CRUDE that's went up. Therefore, Chevron paid more for the crude,
passed that to the pump. Profits did nothing. Let's simplify it. Say a
grocer sells tomatoes for 10 cents a piece, and they cost him 5 cents.
His supplier starts charging 7 cents, he passes that to you, by
charging you 12 cents. His profit hasn't changed.

John H

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

Wrong idea. The grocer has a profit margin of 100%. So, when the price goes to 7
cents, he raises the price to *14* cents. He's now making an additional two
cents profit.
--
John H

P.Fritz

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

Asslicker shoots and misses once again........that makes him about 0 for
10,000

--
John H