BoatBanter.com

-   -   Wash State Mandatory Boater Education Bill clears state senate: (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/29212-wash-state-mandatory-boater-education-bill-clears-state-senate.html)

JimH March 18th 05 12:17 AM

On 16 Mar 2005 18:28:16 -0800, wrote:

From today's e-mail:

At about 10:20 AM today the Senate passed our Boater Safety Education
Bill. The vote was on final passage was: 30 yea-18 nay.

Speaking in favor: Jacobsen, Swecker, Rockefeller, Haugen, Spanel

Speaking against: Benson, Zarelli, Benton, Hewitt, Schoesler

The opposition seemed to come from uninformed Republicans, but
regardless the Bill passed.

Next step. Pass this bill in the House. We are not done yet. Today
we got thrown a life-ring.

Great potential for a good discussion of appropriate measures to keep
our waterways safe.

Good post to start with.

Why the pass on his attempt to pass this as a non-partisan post? You got on
me earlier for questioning it.

Why the pass? Fair question Tom.

JimH March 18th 05 12:28 AM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:13:45 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...
From today's e-mail:

At about 10:20 AM today the Senate passed our Boater Safety Education
Bill. The vote was on final passage was: 30 yea-18 nay.

Speaking in favor: Jacobsen, Swecker, Rockefeller, Haugen, Spanel

Speaking against: Benson, Zarelli, Benton, Hewitt, Schoesler

The opposition seemed to come from uninformed Republicans, but
regardless the Bill passed.

You had to turn a good news story into a political one?

If so, how about offering specifics on the bill so we can see why
"uninformed Republicans" opposed it?

How about listing the party affiliations of those voting for and against
it?

Oops - the 800 pound gorilla in the closet - POLITICS!!!

And the thread goes straight into the crapper.

You guys need help - really.

When was the last time you got on anyone from the *left* for starting off
topic threads and posting *off topic*? Yet I can guarantee you that the
vast majority of *OT* posts and responses are made by folks from the left
side of the fence.

Dave Hall March 18th 05 12:27 PM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:21:12 -0500, HarryKrause
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

"Dr. Dr. John Smith" wrote in message

JimH,
The problem with making rec.boats a political forum is it diminishes the
value of a legitimate boating related posts. Since I am a proponent of
mandatory education, I wondered why the political comment was not removed
by the person cut and pasting the post.

A non political post would have been more effective in selling the
concept.

"JimH" wrote in message

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

JimH wrote:

You had to turn a good news story into a political one?

If so, how about offering specifics on the bill so we can see why
"uninformed Republicans" opposed it?

How about listing the party affiliations of those voting for and
against it?

*******

Start at the top. Read slowly. I passed along an e-mail, sent to
several hundred people around the state. I did not make the comment
about the political affiliation or the level of information available
to the people who opposed the bill.

Baloney. You would not have posted the "email" otherwise.

So how about a link and a detailing of who voted for and against it?

He also had to throw in an insult (start at the top, read slowly).

4 posts by Chuck, one insult, one personal attack.

Way to go Chuck.

In the time it's taken you to whine and type 2 messages, you could've found
the web site for the state legislature in question, and checked the details
yourself. But, the fact is, you don't really want to.

Neither "Smith" nor Hertvik have any interest in this newsgroup beyond
disrupting it and diminishing its value. Both of them log on here in
various "identities," and seek only to engage in 7th grade insulting.
That's why both of them are permanent members of my bozo bin.

Ho ho ho! If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

What about your senseless political contributions? Do you not think
that they are equally disrupting?

People in glass houses should not throw rocks....

Dave

JimH March 18th 05 12:37 PM

wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

"Dr. Dr. John Smith" wrote in message

JimH,
The problem with making rec.boats a political forum is it diminishes
the
value of a legitimate boating related posts. Since I am a proponent of
mandatory education, I wondered why the political comment was not
removed
by the person cut and pasting the post.

A non political post would have been more effective in selling the
concept.

"JimH" wrote in message

wrote in message
oglegroups.com...

JimH wrote:

[...]

Krause calling me on the carpet for these things is comical.

I know I post more on topic than Krause. I know I don't call names. I know
I can carry on a discussion without personal attacks. I generally do not
start OT threads.

I don't think it is a pot/kettle situation....Harry Krause is in a league
all by himself and does not even realize it.

Dr. Dr. John Smith March 18th 05 01:14 PM

"HarryKrause" wrote in message

Neither "Smith" nor Hertvik have any interest in this newsgroup beyond
disrupting it and diminishing its value. Both of them log on here in
various "identities," and seek only to engage in 7th grade insulting.
That's why both of them are permanent members of my bozo bin.

Actually, Dave, I think your political contributions are senseless. Mine
make perfect sense. As for Hertvik and the various "Smiths," it's easy
enough to filter out their drool.

Harry are you obsessed with Hertvik and Smith?

HarryKrause March 21st 05 08:14 PM

On 16 Mar 2005 18:28:16 -0800, wrote:

From today's e-mail:

At about 10:20 AM today the Senate passed our Boater Safety Education
Bill. The vote was on final passage was: 30 yea-18 nay.

Speaking in favor: Jacobsen, Swecker, Rockefeller, Haugen, Spanel

I helped all of these folks with there speeches.