Dr. John Smith

Default Boat Safety Course and Insurance Discounts

My insurance provides a 10% deduction if all family members take a boat
safety course. In the past we had taken the CGAUX course. You can now take
a boat online for a very reasonable fee. $15 for my state.

http://www.boatingbasicsonline.com/

JimH

"Dr. John Smith" wrote in message
My insurance provides a 10% deduction if all family members take a boat
safety course. In the past we had taken the CGAUX course. You can now
take a boat online for a very reasonable fee. $15 for my state.

http://www.boatingbasicsonline.com/

I am surprised over the lack of response on this post, especially when you
see the number of idiots on the water who do not even know the right of way
rules. Not only is boater education important for the safety of all, but
the boater also receives a 10% discount on their insurance.

I took the Coast Guard Power Squadron Course. Here is a link to the Power
Squadron site:
http://www.usps.org/newpublic1/guesthome.htm

So have you taken a course? Have you taken advanced courses?

Jim Carter

"JimH" wrote in message
I am surprised over the lack of response on this post, especially when you
see the number of idiots on the water who do not even know the right of

way
rules. Not only is boater education important for the safety of all, but
the boater also receives a 10% discount on their insurance.
I took the Coast Guard Power Squadron Course. Here is a link to the Power
Squadron site:
http://www.usps.org/newpublic1/guesthome.htm
So have you taken a course? Have you taken advanced courses?

Yes, I am a graduate of the Power Squadon courses in my local area. My
insurance company has given me a 15% discount because I have taken the
various safe boating courses.

Jim Carter

HarryKrause

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:37:49 -0500, "Dr. John Smith"
wrote:

My insurance provides a 10% deduction if all family members take a boat
safety course. In the past we had taken the CGAUX course. You can now take
a boat online for a very reasonable fee. $15 for my state.

I spearheaded getting this discount thru congress.