Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
sfcarioca

Default buying the following boat, seeking advice

Hey all,

I agreed on a price of 26K for the following boat.

-----------------------------
1999 Bayliner 2655 Ciera 26' Express Cabin Cruiser, 5.7L Mercruiser
Bravo 3 I/O w/SS Duo Props - Captain Chair - L-Shape Seating - Depth
Finder - Trim Tabs - Danforth Compass - Jensen AM/FM/CD Stereo
w/Speakers - "New" Horizon VHF Radio - Furuno Color GPS Chart/Sounder -
Shorepower - Dual Alcohol/Electric Range - Sink - Microwave -
Refrigerator - Marine Head w/Holding Tank- Enclosed Shower - Air Cond.
- Dual Batteries w/Switch - Water Heater - Battery Charger - Snap
Carpet - Fresh Water Washdown - Swim Step/Ladder - V-Berth & Queen Size
Mid-Berth Comfortably Sleeps 4 - New Bottom Paint -Includes E-Z Loader
Galvanized Tandem Axle Trailer w/New Brakes & New Tires - Great Family
Cruiser! Owner has new boat coming soon. Looking for offers.
------------------------------

Besides an old beater ski boat, this will be my first boat. I've seen
the boat and it seems to be in excellent condition. The only thing
that may not be working is the A/C and wipers. I'm taking it out on
the water... can you suggest what to look for and what questions to ask
when I'm out on the water?

- I'm also thinking of getting an engine/hull survey, is it worth the
money for a boat this new?
- The boat will be used mostly in the SF Bay, with short trips outside
the Golden Gate. Is this boat big enough for the bay or are the waters
too rough for it?
- My wife is worried about the smell that the marine head will have.
The seller recently replaced the holding tank because of the smell. Is
there a way to properly maintain and clean the head to keep it from
smelling?

thanks for the advice!!!