Tony Seaton

Default Wagner MP640 AP and Digital Compass

I have a Wagner MP640 Autopilot and am trying to interface with a Wagner
510-407 Digital Compass. Problem: the compass has a 12 pin connector and the
CPU unit has a 7 pin connector. The manual says that these units work
together but makes no mention of an adaptor cable nor does it gives the
pin-out assignments so that one could be fabricated. Anyone have a Wagner or
can offer help. Thanks

Tony Seaton

Larry W4CSC

Wow. Only 2 hits on Google for Wagner MP640. That thing must be "Top
Secret"! One of them is very interesting, however. Email this guy
and I bet he can provide you with the cable or the pinout
arrangements....

http://www.marine-plus.com/wagner/wagner.html

He's got all your parts, too! Looks like a collector...(c;

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:09:36 -0500, "Tony Seaton"
wrote:

I have a Wagner MP640 Autopilot and am trying to interface with a Wagner
510-407 Digital Compass. Problem: the compass has a 12 pin connector and the
CPU unit has a 7 pin connector. The manual says that these units work
together but makes no mention of an adaptor cable nor does it gives the
pin-out assignments so that one could be fabricated. Anyone have a Wagner or
can offer help. Thanks

Tony Seaton

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!
maxlynn

Also found the following, which reveals, among other information, that
Wagner went bankrupt in 1989:

http://www.jastram.com/service/wagner-engineering.htm

But there may be someone listed there who could answer your question.

"Tony Seaton" wrote in message
I have a Wagner MP640 Autopilot and am trying to interface with a Wagner
510-407 Digital Compass. Problem: the compass has a 12 pin connector and

the
CPU unit has a 7 pin connector. The manual says that these units work
together but makes no mention of an adaptor cable nor does it gives the
pin-out assignments so that one could be fabricated. Anyone have a Wagner

or
can offer help. Thanks

Tony Seaton

Harry Krause

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!

You mean, give it back to the people who own it?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Michael Porter

Jastram is run by ex-Wagner guys -- and they can supply Wagner parts.
Paul Wagner is back in business as Auto-Nav. They went bankrupt
because of cash-flow problems andn paperwork requirements on the
steering system for a series of Canadian navy frigates.

"maxlynn" wrote:

Also found the following, which reveals, among other information, that
Wagner went bankrupt in 1989:

http://www.jastram.com/service/wagner-engineering.htm

But there may be someone listed there who could answer your question.

"Tony Seaton" wrote in message
I have a Wagner MP640 Autopilot and am trying to interface with a Wagner
510-407 Digital Compass. Problem: the compass has a 12 pin connector and

the
CPU unit has a 7 pin connector. The manual says that these units work
together but makes no mention of an adaptor cable nor does it gives the
pin-out assignments so that one could be fabricated. Anyone have a Wagner

or
can offer help. Thanks

Tony Seaton

Michael Porter Naval Architect / Boatbuilder
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com