Jim--

Default Lunch with...

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Moe" wrote in message
And I was stupid enough to think this was a boating newsgroup.

You should have just stopped typing after the word "stupid".

Sorry NOYB but that was uncalled for.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:56:19 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:30:42 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:51:51 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

a card-carrying Conservative...

I survived.

We did fight over the check, but I let him win. After all, according to
Conservatives, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

But mine was.

At least to me.

The most expensive "free lunch" I've ever had was when I picked up my
P.Eng Certificate. After the "free dinner", we had to sit in uncomfortable
chairs for 2 hrs listening to lawyers explaining our liability insurance
options to us.

LOL!!!

Tell it like it is brother, tell it like it is. ;)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"The wildness and adventure that are in
fishing still recommend it to me."

Henry David Thoreau
"Walden" (1854)
Harry Krause

--
Email sent to is never read.

How are Larry and Curly?

--
Email sent to
is never read.
Don White

My most expensive 'free breakfast' happened when I took one of the 'time
share' look sees in Orlando, Florida in '93.
The rest of the morning our saleman worked us trying to sell a week in the
development. Sure was glad to get out of there.

news

wrote:

a card-carrying Conservative...

I survived.

We did fight over the check, but I let him win. After all, according to
Conservatives, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

But mine was.

At least to me.

The most expensive "free lunch" I've ever had was when I picked up my
P.Eng Certificate. After the "free dinner", we had to sit in uncomfortable
chairs for 2 hrs listening to lawyers explaining our liability insurance
options to us.

Lloyd

Mad Dog Dave

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
a card-carrying Conservative...

I survived.

We did fight over the check, but I let him win. After all, according to
Conservatives, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

But mine was.

At least to me.

That's the way things usually work...conservatives paying for liberals. Not
to worry, though, 'cause he's used to it by now.

Hey, that's why I let him pay!

You eat like a bird too. A vulture!

Seriously The Sworn Enemy of Right-Wingers Everywhere did not order
the most expensive items on the menu, and did not order an alcoholic
beverage. There actually were three of us for lunch, since The Sworn
Enemy brought along someone he thought I would enjoy meeting and I
did.

The Sworn Enemy has two offices. One is across the street from the
AFL-CIO on Sixteenth street and the other is in what locals call the
Darth Vader building near the train station. The first is in a suite
that houses his company and the second is a work-from office inside an
insurance company. His company office has a Hammond organ in it and a
lot of photos of The Sworn Enemy with all sorts of people, including
some whose faces I recognized.

I had a good time.

Butch Ammon

Glad you had a nice lunch. I recall a statement I made some time ago "if
you're ever in Richmond, look me up", but then it was just left at that.

The Sworn Enemy.... LOL!!! That's a funny nickname! But to me, he isn't "The
Sworn Enemy". He's just a guy with a different viewpoint than mine. I can
politely and respectfully disagree without the flames and insults. I just hope
he does the same.

It would be fun to sit down with him and put a face to a name, as the saying
goes. Perhaps I could explain things in plain speak to him and counter any
rebuttal with my usual "...yeah, but"! Ha ha ha.

Butch Ammon
NOYB

"Mad Dog Dave" wrote in

There actually were three of us for lunch, since The Sworn
Enemy brought along someone he thought I would enjoy meeting

The ever-paranoid Harry was probably a little bit afraid of entering a
situation one-on-one with a conservative. Don't you know that it takes
*two* liberal brains to equal *one* conservative brain?

Clams Canino

Heh....

I *just* did that while on my fall road trip to Fla to pick up some
outboards and rebuild one on the fly.

We had 2 days free to go to Disney. So we did the timeshare thing to get a
couple of cheap two day Parkhoppers. We got the free breakfast too.

At the end of the tour I multiplied the price of one week x 52 and got the
"actual" price they were selling each condo for. It was like 1.5 million
per condo! And since they did their own financing they netted more like 3
million per unit via "total of payments".

Their "closer" didn't stay too long at all with me......... evil grin We
were in Disney by 10am. Kinda hectic doing all 4 parks in 2 days. Did Magic
Kingdom and Epcott on Day one. Day two we did the Animal Kingdom and Disney
MGM studios. We hit all the good stuff though.

-W

"Don White" wrote in message
My most expensive 'free breakfast' happened when I took one of the 'time
share' look sees in Orlando, Florida in '93.
The rest of the morning our saleman worked us trying to sell a week in the
development. Sure was glad to get out of there.

JR North

Heh, Heh...
Back in the '70's when I was 17, I got a personal invitation
in the mail to a time share scheme in Ocean Shores, WA. My
friend and I drove down there from Seattle, enjoyed the free
breakfast and bussed tour. When the salesman sat down to
talk to us, I calmly explained I was only 17, and didn't
have any money. *Boy* was he mad
JR

"Don White" wrote in message
My most expensive 'free breakfast' happened when I took one of the 'time
share' look sees in Orlando, Florida in '93.
The rest of the morning our saleman worked us trying to sell a week in the
development. Sure was glad to get out of there.

--
Remove X to reply

Butch Ammon

Heh, Heh...
Back in the '70's when I was 17, I got a personal invitation
in the mail to a time share scheme in Ocean Shores, WA. My
friend and I drove down there from Seattle, enjoyed the free
breakfast and bussed tour. When the salesman sat down to
talk to us, I calmly explained I was only 17, and didn't
have any money. *Boy* was he mad
JR

Gotcha beat....

1981. New York City. 45th and Broadway. Payday weekend off duty from the
U.S. Coast Guard on Governors Island. I waltzed into Beefsteak Charlie's
restaurant and sat down and wanted to have a nice dinner. I ordered a small
house salad, the shrimp buffett, and a nice thick New York style steak. While
I was up at the shrimp buffett, the waiter brought a whole pitcher of Sangria
for me. One thing led to another and I drank the whole pitcher. They brought
another one along with my steak. So, I sat there eating the steak, getting
blitzed on Sangria, and kept on going. They brought a THIRD pitcher of
Sangria! By that time, I had no idea who I was, where I was, what I was
doing... To this day: I have no idea of the rest of the details. I have no
idea if I even paid for my dinner. I just remember getting up and leaving the
restaurant!! I remember walking down to Time's Square to catch the #1 train
down to Battery Park. Along the sidewalk, I overheard a couple of "the
brothers" razzing me because "some dumb-a$$, whitebread, honkey, mo-fo, was on
some good sh**!!!" That's the last I can really remember. Somehow I found the
#1 train, somehow I made it back to Battery Park and the Governors Island ferry
terminal. I think one of the fellow "Coasties" knew me, saw my condition, and
helped get me back safe and sound. Thank God!!!! I wonder how much my bill
was at Beefsteak Charlies after all these years!?!?

Butch Ammon