Harry Krause

Default A recap of the last week's boating...

....posts, please, for which I am willing to pay up to a dollar, American.

I don't have the energy to plow through it all.

Any really interesting information?

I must say, a week without "rec.boats" is like...

Well, hell, wasn't it Johnson who wrote:

A simile, to be perfect, must both illustrate and ennoble the subject;
must show it to the understanding in a clearer view, and display it to
the fancy with greater dignity.

A difficult task indeed for this place.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Jim--

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...posts, please, for which I am willing to pay up to a dollar, American.

I don't have the energy to plow through it all.

Any really interesting information?

I must say, a week without "rec.boats" is like...

Well, hell, wasn't it Johnson who wrote:

A simile, to be perfect, must both illustrate and ennoble the subject;
must show it to the understanding in a clearer view, and display it to
the fancy with greater dignity.

A difficult task indeed for this place.

--
Email sent to is never read.

It is all interesting stuff that is/was posted here. Read the posts
yourself. If you are too lazy to do so that is your problem, not ours.

NOYB

Are you going to the Poveromo National Seminar Series coming up? I went
this past weekend. Excellent seminar...but a little too long. The first 4
1/2 hours were great. The last 1 1/2 hours weren't...and the stuff they
talked about made me forget some of the great info from the first 4 1/2
hours.

BTW--If your name gets drawn to win a Seminar series shirt, and you're given
the chance to choose what's under the "mystery box" instead, take the box.
At first, you'll think you screwed up...and won an ugly bright orange Jimi
Hendrex t-shirt. But, there's a slew of other terrific prizes included with
it.

P.S.--Tell me if you think Capt. Harry looks like Tom Smothers from the
Smother Brothers.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...posts, please, for which I am willing to pay up to a dollar, American.

I don't have the energy to plow through it all.

Any really interesting information?

I must say, a week without "rec.boats" is like...

Well, hell, wasn't it Johnson who wrote:

A simile, to be perfect, must both illustrate and ennoble the subject;
must show it to the understanding in a clearer view, and display it to
the fancy with greater dignity.

A difficult task indeed for this place.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:
Are you going to the Poveromo National Seminar Series coming up? I went
this past weekend. Excellent seminar...but a little too long. The first 4
1/2 hours were great. The last 1 1/2 hours weren't...and the stuff they
talked about made me forget some of the great info from the first 4 1/2
hours.

If you are referring to the Salt Water Sportsman seminar, yeah, I'm
going to the one in Annapolis on, if my memory is correct, February 7th.
Sadly, that is also the day of several other fishing show events, and
these are one-day events, too. I went to a SWS show some years ago in
Jax and thought it was well-worth the $$$.

I'm thinking of switching entirely to artifical lures this coming
season, unless I am lucky enough to encounter live bait. Unfortunately,
we can't simply toss a cast net up here under the birds and hope to fill
it with shrimp and pogies... And I might install a downrigger on Yo Ho.
I do draw the line at pulling umbrella rigs. All that metal is nothing
like fishing to me.

BTW--If your name gets drawn to win a Seminar series shirt, and you're given
the chance to choose what's under the "mystery box" instead, take the box.
At first, you'll think you screwed up...and won an ugly bright orange Jimi
Hendrex t-shirt. But, there's a slew of other terrific prizes included with
it.

Thanks for the tip!

P.S.--Tell me if you think Capt. Harry looks like Tom Smothers from the
Smother Brothers.

Which Captain Harry? The one I knew from the tackle shop in Miami died...

--
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

NOYB wrote:
[...]

I dunno. Harry Vernon III. Son of the guy you knew, perhaps? He's
affiliated with Capt. Harry's fishing supply...which, BTW is right next door
to the largest homeless person locale in Miami. I drove by there yesterday
and couldn't believe my eyes. We also drove by there after a cruise two
months ago (at 7:30 am) and the prostitutes were all over the
place...probably getting off their evening "shifts". For some odd reason,
only the ugly ones seemed to be talking to "Johns". Maybe all of the
wealthy "Johns" go to bed early...and the poor ones can't afford the decent
looking hookers. Either that, or maybe the "decent looking ones" are males
on estrogen therapy.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Must be the son of the guy I met. Yes, the store is in a crappy
neighborhood. Actually, the store itself is only "okay" in my book; I've
seen better in my own neighborhood up this way, But if you are into
wire line fishing, which I am not, it is the place to go to get fixed up
with rigs.

As to the quality of the pros, well, why would you expect anything
better than Ann Coulter in that neighborhood?

Gotcha!

When her and Ann Lewis are in the bedroom, which one's the butch?