Jim,

John H wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:39:54 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

John H wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:27:40 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

John H wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:15:19 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

John H wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:19:19 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

I note the questions remain

How did Gannon gained access to White House press briefings without any
journalistic qualifications.

HOW LONG CAN JOURNALISTS GAIN ACCESS TO THE WHITE HOUSE WITHOUT AN FBI
BACKGROUND CHECK?

Why did the White House waved him into press briefings for nearly two
years using what's called a day pass.

Is there a limit to how long a reporter can slide on "day" passes, as
Gannon did for years?

HOW DID GANNON GET A WHITE HOUSE PRESS PASS TWO MONTHS BEFORE HIS
SUPPOSED PUBLICATION EVEN EXISTED?

BY WHAT CRITERIA DID THE WHITE HOUSE EVALUATE TALON NEWS?

HOW DID GANNON GET A WHITE HOUSE PRESS PASS UNDER A FAKE NAME?

WHAT ( if any) IS GANNON'S CONNECTION TO THE VALERIE PLAME CASE?

Did his sexual orientation "buy" him any favors from the White House?

Time to live up to your motto John

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary
to resolve it"

There is no 'difficulty' to divide, Jimcomma. No one, except you, gives a rat's
ass about Gannon. The important question to answer is:

"Thank you. Senate Democratic leaders have painted a very bleak picture of the
U.S. economy. [Senate Minority Leader] Harry Reid [D-NV] was talking about soup
lines. And [Senator] Hillary Clinton [D-NY] was talking about the economy being
on the verge of collapse. Yet in the same breath they say that Social Security
is rock solid and there's no crisis there. How are you going to work -- you've
said you are going to reach out to these people -- how are you going to work
with people who seem to have divorced themselves from reality?"

Don't you just love it? That question kind of says it all, doesn't it. I can see
why some folks just seem to forget it.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

You can chant that mantra all you want, but it still appears to me that
Gannon had some boyfriends in the whitehouse who arranged for him to be
a plant.

You're not following your own tagline
"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary
to resolve it"

So do some resolving chant away if you like -- it's sorta like them
monks spinning the wheels.

*What* difficulty presents itself?

There is no difficulty, other than that you liberals, who normally praise
homosexuality, seem to find fault if the homosexual is a conservative!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

I'm more concerned with republicans attempting to manage the news by
planting so called press people in the audience to lob softballs, and
make political comments.

Appears you have no answer to the questions raised -- even Ann Coulter
posted some BS trying to defend the move.

So try dividing each difficulty into as many parts as feasible -- maybe
try answering just ONE question.

I'll even accept the mantra again -- it's becoming amusing. How many
times a day do you ave to recite it to be a good republican?

Oh, but it's OK for NBC, MSNBC, CNN, and all the other liberal outlets of 'news'
to plant press people in the audience?

They use accredited news people, properly cleared, going through
channels -- I wouldn't call that a plant.

Helen Thomas was there for many years, but Bush is afraid to call on an
80 something year old lady. Real Macho of him.

Give me a break!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Still haven't answered any questions John -- I'll take that as "I can't"

Oh, I see. If they have a pass, then they're not a plant.

Do you actually believe this crap?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

If they have a pass, they have been checked out by the secret service,
and work for a reputable news organization. Spin it all you want, but
Gannon was a plant. Apparently you agree with the concept (so long as
he had republican leanings)
JimH

wrote:

[...]

necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

[...]

If they have to work for a reputable news organization how do reporters from
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC and CNN get passes?

DSK

John H wrote:
Oh, but it's OK for NBC, MSNBC, CNN, and all the other liberal outlets
of 'news'
to plant press people in the audience?

I guess if it's not constantly spewing hatred against homos &
libby-rulls, then it's not legitimate media in your opinion?

This says a lot about the Bush/Cheney attitude... forget the First
Amendment, state control of the media is their agenda.

Jim, wrote:
They use accredited news people, properly cleared, going through
channels -- I wouldn't call that a plant.

Helen Thomas was there for many years, but Bush is afraid to call on an
80 something year old lady. Real Macho of him.

But she might ask him an actual question. We can't have that now,
everybody must stand together against terrorism and stanp out this
traitorous practice of expecting actual answers from your gov't!

DSK

John H

John H wrote:

[...]

Oh, so if they have a pass, and if they've been checked out, and if they work
for a 'reputable' (your word) 'news' (another of your words) organization,
*then* they aren't a plant?

Again, have you ever listened to a White House briefing? Do you honestly believe
those 'journalists' from the major media are just seeking information?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
John H

Jim, wrote:
They use accredited news people, properly cleared, going through
channels -- I wouldn't call that a plant.

Helen Thomas was there for many years, but Bush is afraid to call on an
80 something year old lady. Real Macho of him.

But she might ask him an actual question. We can't have that now,
everybody must stand together against terrorism and stanp out this
traitorous practice of expecting actual answers from your gov't!

DSK

Helen Thomas hasn't asked an actual question in ages. Helen Thomas pontificates
her opinion until she is stopped. She should have been sent out of the room long
ago.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Jim,

John H wrote:

[...]

Some have an agenda -- but I believe Faux has a White House
correspondent to "balance things". Would seem to me that a good newsman
(ooops newsPERSON) would be ready, willing, and able to challenge
statements he finds suspicious.
Jim,

Jim, wrote:

[...]

Here's the text of her last question -- since then she has been
isolated. This question seems to me much more of a question than the
political statement made by "Jeff Gannon"

Begin quote:

Helen Thomas, the most senior member of the White House press corps,
really socked it to Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer on Monday over
the issue of Iraq. Check out the dialogue:

January 6, 2003 – 12:35 P.M. EST

MR. FLEISCHER: Good afternoon and happy New Year to everybody. The
President began his day with an intelligence briefing, followed by an
FBI briefing. Then he had a series of policy briefings. And this
afternoon, the President will look forward to a Cabinet meeting where
the President will discuss with members of his Cabinet his agenda for
the year. The President is going to focus on economic growth, making
America a more compassionate country, and providing for the security of
our nation abroad and on the homefront.

And with that, I'm more than happy to take your questions. Helen.

HELEN THOMAS: At the earlier briefing, Ari, you said that the President
deplored the taking of innocent lives. Does that apply to all innocent
lives in the world? And I have a follow-up.

MR. FLEISCHER: I refer specifically to a horrible terrorist attack on
Tel Aviv that killed scores and wounded hundreds. And the President, as
he said in his statement yesterday, deplores in the strongest terms the
taking of those lives and the wounding of those people, innocents in Israel.

MS. THOMAS: My follow-up is, why does he want to drop bombs on innocent
Iraqis?

MR. FLEISCHER: Helen, the question is how to protect Americans, and our
allies and friends --

MS. THOMAS: They're not attacking you.

MR. FLEISCHER: -- from a country --

MS. THOMAS: Have they laid the glove on you or on the United States, the
Iraqis, in 11 years?

MR. FLEISCHER: I guess you have forgotten about the Americans who were
killed in the first Gulf War as a result of Saddam Hussein's aggression
then.

MS. THOMAS: Is this revenge, 11 years of revenge?

MR. FLEISCHER: Helen, I think you know very well that the President's
position is that he wants to avert war, and that the President has asked
the United Nations to go into Iraq to help with the purpose of averting war.

MS. THOMAS: Would the President attack innocent Iraqi lives?

MR. FLEISCHER: The President wants to make certain that he can defend
our country, defend our interests, defend the region, and make certain
that American lives are not lost.

MS. THOMAS: And he thinks they are a threat to us?

MR. FLEISCHER: There is no question that the President thinks that Iraq
is a threat to the United States.

MS. THOMAS: The Iraqi people?

MR. FLEISCHER: The Iraqi people are represented by their government. If
there was regime change, the Iraqi --

MS. THOMAS: So they will be vulnerable?

MR. FLEISCHER: Actually, the President has made it very clear that he
has not dispute with the people of Iraq. That's why the American policy
remains a policy of regime change. There is no question the people of
Iraq --

MS. THOMAS: That's a decision for them to make, isn't it? It's their
country.

MR. FLEISCHER: Helen, if you think that the people of Iraq are in a
position to dictate who their dictator is, I don't think that has been
what history has shown.

MS. THOMAS: I think many countries don't have -- people don't have the
decision -- including us.
John H

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:31:24 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

John H wrote:

[...]

Oh, well, one correspondent to 'balance' things. You've said it all.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
John H

Jim, wrote:

[...]

One does not require a degree in perspicacity to see the bias in her 'question',
does one?

Enough, Jimcomma.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Jim,

Jim, wrote:

[...]

Perhaps, it MR FLEISCHER if for no other reason than respect of her age
and seniority, were to let her ask her question without interruption,
she would have been kinder toward him.