thunder

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on driving
up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long run for the
company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?
JimH

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on driving
up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long run for the
company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?

Why not? You blame everything else on Bush.

thunder

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:36:53 -0500, JimH wrote:

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change
that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on
driving up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long
run for the company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?

Why not? You blame everything else on Bush.

Nope, I've always thought Presidents are held more responsible for the
economy than is deserving. Presidents may be able to tweak the economy,
but controlling business cycles is a little out of their reach. However,
I do hold Bush responsible for the 1500 American lives lost in Iraq and
the 20,000 or so Iraqis killed. Oh, and I also hold him responsible for
his failure to bring to justice those that attacked my country. Perhaps
it doesn't bother you that bin Laden is still bin Missin', but it sure as
hell does bother me.

P. Fritz

"JimH" wrote in message

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change

that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on

driving
up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long run for

the
company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?

Why not? You blame everything else on Bush.

What is funny is how the liebrals wish to define keeping one's own money
as "greed"

"Greed" I.E the natural human trait of wanting to better one's self, is
why this country became so great......no wonder the liebrals dislike it so
much

thunder

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:09:57 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

What is funny is how the liebrals wish to define keeping one's own
money
as "greed"

"Greed" I.E the natural human trait of wanting to better one's self,
is
why this country became so great......no wonder the liebrals dislike it
so much

What's even funnier is how you twist, not only my words, but your own.
Does " was to grant executives stock options instead of high wages, the
result was the focus on driving up stock prices without regard for what
was best in the long run for the company.......and the resulting bubble
burst" sound familiar? When an executive neglects his fiduciary
responsibility and lines his own pockets, that is greed.