JimH

"Jim," wrote in message
JimH wrote:
"Jim," wrote in message

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
.. .

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
.. .

John H wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:36:39 GMT, "Jim,"
wrote:

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
. ny...

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
c.ny...

John H wrote:

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:57:37 GMT, "Jim,"
wrote:

"Jeff Gannon's" incredible access
There's evidence he got into White House briefings before
he was a "reporter."

And the only reporter with a decent question!

Thank you. Senate Democratic leaders have painted a very
bleak picture of the
U.S. economy. [Senate Minority Leader] Harry Reid [D-NV]
was talking about soup
lines. And [Senator] Hillary Clinton [D-NY] was talking
about the economy being
on the verge of collapse. Yet in the same breath they say
that Social Security
is rock solid and there's no crisis there. How are you
going to work -- you've
said you are going to reach out to these people -- how are
you going to work
with people who seem to have divorced themselves from
reality?

Good one, no?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful
Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible
and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

NO! the US economy and the SS system are 2 different
entities. The market has yet to reach the level it was when
Bush assumed/stole/was anointed to/ somehow got office. UN
employment (in real numbers) -- is about the same;
Millions of jobs have moved offshore, bankruptcies are up

Tell me John -- what IS good about the economy?????

I can answer that:

1. A larger than expected rise in retail sales (.06%)

2. Average hourly earnings up

3. A decrease to 5.2% in the unemployment rate

4. 1% increase in productivity during the 4th quarter 2004

5. Durable goods orders up.
6. 146,0000 new jobs in January 2005

7. 2.7% inflation rate

8. 4.4% growth in the economy

"Overall, reports indicate that the economic recovery is
well established and proceeding at a good pace. "

http://www.dallasfed.org/eyi/usecon/...501update.html,
amongst others.

For you Jim,

http://www.geocities.com/mjloundy/

Up from what point? Where is your baseline? Decrease in Un
employment since when?
How about numbers based on 2000 when Bush took office!

You made the ridiculous statement "What is *good* about the
economy?" I told you what is good. The list was certainly not
all encompassing.

Yet you still cannot accept it.

Conclusion: No amount of information is going to change your
mind. You have a hard on for George W Bush and cannot get over
the fact that he won.

Get a grip guy and move on.

The comparison might be from 2001 (the first year of Bush when
everything went to hell). I'd like to see things compared to
the last year of Clinton when we were doing pretty good. As I
pointed out yesterday, the DOW hasn't reached it's high point
in 5 years. yesterday it closed at 10.754; almost exactly 1000
points below what it hit under Clinton. "Proceding at a good
pace", might indicate that in 8 years we'll be even. I don't
consider that good at all.

As requested before -- where is your baseline? Shouldn't be
all that hard to tell me.

Aren't your own words, to which you chose not to comment, a good
enough
baseline?

Think about it - millions of jobs have moved offshore (your
words), yet
employment is about the same (your words). Bush must be doing
something pretty
well.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake
Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and
necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

ANd you think "millions of jobs moving offshore" is a good thing?

It's a global economy. Add to that the high union wages and pie
in the sky environmental demands and you have companies setting up
manufacturing plants where the cost of doing is cheaper and more
efficient. The brawn is leaving and being replaced by brain.
That is our future here in the US.

Just a few headlines from Cnn financial news today
http://money.cnn.com/

Bigger-than-expected jump in PPI is worrisome, but will it force
the central bank to get more aggressive?

Major gauges churn in tight range after biggest jump in wholesale
prices in 6 years; bonds tumble

Bonds mixed, dollar slips

Bonds are always weak when the market is strong.

From MSNBC http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072/?ta=y

Stocks waver amid inflation worries

Wholesale prices moved up in January

CNN and MSNBC....could you choose more liberal sources for your
news? LOL

Regardless, go and pick and choose what you want. Overall the
economy is robust. Greenspan confirms that. Factory orders
remain on the increase, also confirming that.

Go hide your money under your mattress. I am making money in this
"terrible" economy, as are many businesses and most of my friends
and family.

Doomsayers like you only slow the progress so get out of the way
please.

Might I suggest that bonds are week, based on the weekness of the
dollar?

The bond market is always weak during a stong stock market.

Sounds like youget all your news from Faux -- didn't know they did
financials, just lies and BS.

Nope. I get my news from a variety of sources.

Such as??? newsmax, limbaugh, O'reilly et all?

Why do you make such assumptions? Because I have a positive outlook
on the economy?

Then do tell the secret of your great financial success -- what do you
read?

I never said I had great financial success. I said I am making money.

I read a variety of site on the internet. I subscribe to the WSJ and
read many of the national np's on line.

I also watch Fox, CNN and CNBC.

Pretty balanced I would say..

Are you always this negative Jim? Life must be a real bitch for
you.

And as for the economy, we're still down 1000 points from Clinton
times.

That was a false market based on dot com companies with no real
assets. Yep the bubble burst....and it was during Clinton's watch.

I think of myself as a realist John, ..

The name is Jim, not John.

Sorry my misteak

NP. ;-)

.......and having lived under all presidents since rousevelt, I have
to say that even considering Nixon, Bush is the least capable, most
arrogent, and purposlyignorant president to date. He admits he
doesn't read the news,

Why should he when he had advisors who do that for him and brief him
daily? One could say that by not reading the news he is able to focus
on other important things.

He is now subject to what advisors like Karl R and others tell him --
effectively becoming litle more than a puppet. Whitness the WMD fiesco

You just admitted you are a long term democrat. My mom was. My dad
was. They never changed despite the fact that the Republicans now
stand for the things the Democrats did in the Roosevelt times.

I admitted nothing -- I am a non-afiliated voter

Your words betray you.

That may be the problem Jim.

....... he has no idea of other cultures (other than mexican, where
he probably learned from whores).

That statement just sank your credibility. What an absolutely asinine
thing to say.

He admitted it when he was 'Born again?"

see

You are responding to your own statement/ Why?

Better placement for you?

Cite?

Welllll there seems to be some debate as to just how "born again" he is

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1398.cfm

What a believable source you quote. The "Cutting Edge"? Why not quote
http://www.ExtremistChristiansWhoHav...reside nt.com ?

Regardless, for every one source you quote I can quote 2 that contradict
yours.

He feals he's above hold press confrences. and has stated something
to the effect that he feals "ordained by God" for the job.

He has helf fewer press confrences than any modern president.

Doesn't the public have a right to know what (Y)our leaders are up to?

Sure they do. And all they have to do is to listen to the daily
briefings to the press corps, read the newspapers, watch the news
programs on cable or surf the net for news.

So?

July 16, 2004
Quote of the Day
"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job."

-- President Bush, quoted in the Lancaster New Era, during a private
meeting with an Amish group.

*I trust God speaks through me* Is the statement of a rational man?

Jesus said something similar, as did Moses. Are you saying they were not
rational men?

Are YOU saying Bush is in the same league as biblical prophets?

No. Where did I say that? I simply stated that Jesus and Moses said
similar things. So were Jesus and Moses irrational men in your mind?

Regardless, could you provide a cite as to the quote you attribute to
GWB?

http://politicalwire.com/archives/20...f_the_day.html

A man who is responsible for killing thousands, and torturing probably
thousands --- YEAH YEAH -- it was underlings -- but the buck stops at the
top, and you were telling me how informed he is.

You of course are talking about Sadam. I am indeed glad he was captured
and his government overturned.

And 1500 americans, and untold Iraquis are dead -- yet Osama is alive and
well

What a great man. Belief in God is a core value we all should have.
Perhaps then the world would be a better place.

In my (not so) humble opinion, relegion is the cause of most of the
worlds problems.

Perhaps, but is it due to a belief in God or religious extemism? The
answer is obvious to most.

Please provide proof of this.

How many times did he mention God in the state of the union address.

So? What is your point? That he is a Christian?

I'm not negative, ...

Yes you are. I have yet to read a positive story from you.

........just scared the SOB will **** the country so bad it will take
more than my lifetime to recover.

Think what you want but get out of my way.

How am I in your way?

Your negative thinking gets in my way.

Then quot responding to the bait.

You are admitting you are baiting me? Why? I thought we had an honest
discussion going.

I guess your credibility has gone right down the drain.

My credibility is intact -- Gannon was a ringer, Bush lied, thousands
died -- that sorta sums up my position. You chose to defend him -- your
problem, not mine.

As is your constant negativity and "sky is falling" mentality.

JimH

"Jim," wrote in message
JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
.. .

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
.. .

John H wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:36:39 GMT, "Jim,"
wrote:

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
. ny...

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
c.ny...

From MSNBC http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072/?ta=y

[...]

Forgot to add the last response was delayed as I went out to dinner, now
I have a lady to atend to so goodnight.

Have a good evening. Make it a fun one. ;-)

P. Fritz

"JimH" wrote in message

"Jim," wrote in message
JimH wrote:
"Jim," wrote in message

John H wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:36:39 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message

JimH wrote:

"Jim," wrote in message
. ..

From MSNBC http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072/?ta=y

[...]

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting dodge
(liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change their
behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives stock
options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on driving up stock
prices without regard for what was best in the long run for the
company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

thunder

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on driving
up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long run for the
company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?
JimH

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on driving
up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long run for the
company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?

Why not? You blame everything else on Bush.

thunder

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:36:53 -0500, JimH wrote:

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change
that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on
driving up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long
run for the company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?

Why not? You blame everything else on Bush.

Nope, I've always thought Presidents are held more responsible for the
economy than is deserving. Presidents may be able to tweak the economy,
but controlling business cycles is a little out of their reach. However,
I do hold Bush responsible for the 1500 American lives lost in Iraq and
the 20,000 or so Iraqis killed. Oh, and I also hold him responsible for
his failure to bring to justice those that attacked my country. Perhaps
it doesn't bother you that bin Laden is still bin Missin', but it sure as
hell does bother me.

P. Fritz

"JimH" wrote in message

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:17:49 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

One of the reasons for the bubble was Clinton's income tax change

that
limited the deductability of wages in excess of 1 mil. The resulting
dodge (liebrals think statically and don't believe people will change
their behavior when presented with a new tax) was to grant executives
stock options instead of high wages, the result was the focus on

driving
up stock prices without regard for what was best in the long run for

the
company.......and the resulting bubble burst.

LOL, so now greed is Clinton's fault?

Why not? You blame everything else on Bush.

What is funny is how the liebrals wish to define keeping one's own money
as "greed"

"Greed" I.E the natural human trait of wanting to better one's self, is
why this country became so great......no wonder the liebrals dislike it so
much

thunder

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:09:57 -0500, P. Fritz wrote:

What is funny is how the liebrals wish to define keeping one's own
money
as "greed"

"Greed" I.E the natural human trait of wanting to better one's self,
is
why this country became so great......no wonder the liebrals dislike it
so much

What's even funnier is how you twist, not only my words, but your own.
Does " was to grant executives stock options instead of high wages, the
result was the focus on driving up stock prices without regard for what
was best in the long run for the company.......and the resulting bubble
burst" sound familiar? When an executive neglects his fiduciary
responsibility and lines his own pockets, that is greed.