Chris Illingworth

Default Tides

Gidday from sunny Melbourne, Australia.
I'm trying to find tide details in graphical form for my local area - any
ideas? (I sail a Waarship 24 and I'm getting sick of running aground)

Snafu

I like the graphs produced by JTides. Here's a link:
http://www.arachnoid.com/JTides/. In addition to plotting the tide and
current predictions, it graphically shows sunrise, sunset, and twilight.
The author requests no money for the program; you'll have to read for
yourself what he wants in return: http://www.arachnoid.com/careware/.

The program is written in Java, so you'll need the Java Runtime Environment
(http://www.java.com/) at the minimum on your computer to make JTides go.

Good luck.

"Chris Illingworth" wrote in message
Gidday from sunny Melbourne, Australia.
I'm trying to find tide details in graphical form for my local area - any
ideas? (I sail a Waarship 24 and I'm getting sick of running aground)

Dan Krueger

Got a decent GPS? My little Garmin GPSmap 76 will show the tides (in graphic
form) for the closest reporting station.

Dan