Default What is the water pump pressure for a 90HP Mariner?

Group,
I want to add a water pressure gauge to my 90HP 6Cyl. Mariner and I
don't know what pressure to expect. I have a choice of a 0 to 30
psig meter or a 0 to 15 psig meter. Can someone tell me what pressure
is found at the connection on the motor for the tattletale?

Thanks,
Bruce Buchanan

najurb

Tamaroak

Enough to make it squirt out the little hole at the back!

Capt. Jeff
Greg

My 60 with the "big foot" (same pump as 70-90) puts out about 17 at WOT so you
want the 0-30. That way it will be pretty much straight up when it is right.
Greg

Enough to make it squirt out the little hole at the back!

That is a lousy indication. I had pro mechanics tell me the "pee stream" was
fine, and it looked great at 3 PSI but it was supposed to be over 3 times that.