Harry Krause

Default Favorite rods & reels...

....for light-tackle sal****er fishing?

Baitcaster: Shimano 251, small, light, nice star drag, easy to take
apart, lubricate. Downside is that Shimano's "gold" anodized finish
starts wearing off if you look at the reel sideways.

Spinning Reel: Penn 4300 and 4400 SS.

I've had the Shimano 251 for at least six years now, and it never
disappoints. Some of my Penn SS reels are at least 10 years old, yet
they continue to work well and are easy to service.

I still like Star Rods best, though for a whippy little single piece
rod, the Ugly Stick 5' light action rod is tough to beat. I have a Penn
4300SS on one with 6# test and with a decent leader, have landed some
fairly hefty fish, though I prefer to match it up with spot, small blues
and whiting.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.