LaBomba182

Default OT Soldier mindset

Subject: OT Soldier mindset
From: "basskisser"

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around
for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You
know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell
of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Sounds good to me.

Capt. Bill
Butch Davis

So, Harry. What major military bases are located in Duval and Clay Countys,
FL? Interesting that you mention the most cases that "ended up in the
civilian courts". These cases were obviously cases that were investigated
off the military bases. Civilian courts have no jurisdiction over crimes
commited by military personnel on military bases.

Alcahol abuse has long been a problem amongst military personnel. There is
something in the culture that carries forward into the present the habits
developed decades ago. Eventually the culture will change but change lags
behind the civilian world.

One thing that has changed dramatically is that a DUI arrest for a military
person is an absolute career ender. If an officer gets a DUI the officer
will never again be promoted and will by forced out under the two time
nonselect rules. Not sure how the NCO Corps is affected but imagine it's
about the same. A private or corporal might survive a DUI arrest but even
that is doubtful. There are, of course, other unforgivabe sins in the
culture. I'd imagine wife beating could well be one of them.

During my 35+ years on active duty much of my statesdide time was in the DC
area. I was and remain blissfully unaware of a significant problem with
spouse abuse amongst military personnel. But, as the military is simply a
cross section of the civilian world I'd imagine the problem exists and
possibly at rates a bit higher than usual due to the extremely high stress
environment in which most military personnel serve.

Regardless of all that I consider the average military member to be a hero
and deserving of just a wee bit of slack and respect.

IRT the question of wheather or not shooting the enemy is fun... IMO,
shooting the enemy is one hell of a lot more fun than being shot by the
enemy.

Butch
From: "basskisser"

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around
for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You
know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell
of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Sounds good to me.

Capt. Bill

In Duval County, Florida, and in two adjacent counties, including Clay
County, the "profession" with the highest incidence of wife beating cases
that ended up in the civilian courts was U.S. military. This was the case
in the mid 1990s, and it was so bad that military base commanders were
forced into contracting out dozens of new cases each month to non-military
counselling professionals. Substance abuse, mainly alcohol, was also a
serious problem.

Bert Robbins

From: "basskisser"

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around
for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You
know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell
of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Sounds good to me.

Capt. Bill

In Duval County, Florida, and in two adjacent counties, including Clay
County, the "profession" with the highest incidence of wife beating cases
that ended up in the civilian courts was U.S. military. This was the case
in the mid 1990s, and it was so bad that military base commanders were
forced into contracting out dozens of new cases each month to non-military
counselling professionals. Substance abuse, mainly alcohol, was also a
serious problem.

This is due to not enough down time in transit from the area of action to
home.

One hour you are killing the bad guys and the next hour you are kissing the
wife hello.

From: "basskisser"

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around
for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You
know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell
of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Sounds good to me.

Capt. Bill

In Duval County, Florida, and in two adjacent counties, including Clay
County, the "profession" with the highest incidence of wife beating cases
that ended up in the civilian courts was U.S. military. This was the case
in the mid 1990s, and it was so bad that military base commanders were
forced into contracting out dozens of new cases each month to
non-military counselling professionals. Substance abuse, mainly alcohol,
was also a serious problem.

It really doesn't matter what the bases were, but I recall there was the
base at Mayport, the Naval Air Station off Roosevelt Boulevard, and
another base, since closed, off 103rd street.

The Dan Rather school of reporting. If it bolsters my argument even if it
isn't factual then I should be able to use it.

And the point was that there are asses in the US military who abuse their
spouses, just as there are asses in Afghanistan who abuse women there, so
for that Marine to point out the abuse of Afghanis as a reason to shoot
them is a tad disingenuous. If abusing women were his criteria, he doesn't
need to go to Afghanistan to find likely targers.

There are asses in Maryland that abuse their wives too.

That Marine is a well respected General Officer.

Better to kill the enemy before he kills you.

Harry Kruase

Exactly

Well,,

that is why I have had three wives,, and my children have left me.

You know that the reason the wives get slapped so much is because THEY DON"T
****ING LISTEN!!!!!!! SO I give it to them.

When I was in nam, we all had these little squeezes, cute little gals they
were a quarter our age but that didn't matter. We used to slap them around
also,, Sarge gave me a metal for it.
I think that is why I became an expert in Family law because I know exactly
how to get away with such things. I mean I married someone now 20 years my
junior, little slow but cute.

basskisser

JAXAshby wrote:
of course. you, basskisser, would be on the list.

duck.

Bring it on, you little twit.

basskisser

Butch Davis wrote:
So, Harry. What major military bases are located in Duval and Clay

Countys,
FL?

Jacksonville Navel Air Station
Cecil Field
Blount Island Command (marines)
Camp Blanding

Hell, go to Jax, most of the city deals with the military.

Butch Davis

So the answer is that there are no major military bases in the area Harry
mentioned. Imagination is at work here. Perhaps a handfull of military
members abused spouses in the counties mentioned. That is hardly a
statistical useful number.

Fact is that Harry hates the United States as do so many others who live
here and enjoy the benefits of this wonderful country. Without a strong
military capability this country would not exist. Liberals do so like to
bite the hands that feed them.

Is there another country in which you would rather live?

Butch
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Butch Davis wrote:
So, Harry. What major military bases are located in Duval and Clay

Countys,
FL?

Jacksonville Navel Air Station
Cecil Field
Blount Island Command (marines)
Camp Blanding

Hell, go to Jax, most of the city deals with the military.

basskisser

Butch Davis wrote:
So the answer is that there are no major military bases in the area

Harry
mentioned. Imagination is at work here. Perhaps a handfull of

military
members abused spouses in the counties mentioned. That is hardly a
statistical useful number.

Huh? Mayport is THIRD largest naval facility in the U.S.!!!

Gary Warner

Jesus man - harping against someone you don't like or think is wrong and
a liar is one thing. But impersonating their name and writing **** posts by
them is really low. You're not fooling anyone. You're not even funny.
Get help. Get a life.

I read "The New Soldier" this weekend Joe ASA 7 October 29th 04 03:39 AM
The New Soldier Phil Morris ASA 2 August 24th 04 12:41 AM
An off topic Letter from a Soldier John H General 0 April 23rd 04 01:18 AM