Clams Canino wrote:
Hi Matt,

You gotta keep the old 2 strokes under 4000 to save gas too. But ya

they do
drink it.

The 1250 was an interesting critter. It ws the 1st of the 99ci

design that
would have a 20 year run on the market. But conversely, it was the

last of
the old plain vanilla crossflow piston dome. It's sucassors with the
updated intake got a bit better mileage because the burn efficiancy

went up.
But they still drank (drink) gas for breakfast, particularly when you

hammer
them. I swear at WOT I can see the gas needle go down.

Yes absolutely, these were nice motors! I liked the touch of history
that was around them. When this motor came out in 1968 it was the
****kicker motor on the planet. 125 HP was at the top of the food chain
back then. Today people laughed about it but still it was my first
"big" motor and you have to hold it for it that it was still running
well after 35 years!

Ok, it had its little problems, in the sum not worth fixing but the old
beast still ran.

There will never again be a motor of these proportions with the tall
and slim powerhead.

With the fuel it used you could have powered modern 4 stroke 200 HP
TWINS easily.

I believe they made a 1250 Super BP which was THE motor of THE motors
and is still sought after today? Same motor but different induction?
Something like that ...

Matt

Clams Canino

The 1969 1250 Super BP appeared in 1970 as the production 1350. Yes, the new
induction system was the difference.

Today the 1250's power to weight ratio is still no laughing matter. For
boats rated at 90hp (propshaft) those things create a whole new world of "oh
my God"

-W

wrote in message
oups.com...

Clams Canino wrote:
The 1969 1250 Super BP appeared in 1970 as the production 1350. Yes,

the new
induction system was the difference.

Today the 1250's power to weight ratio is still no laughing matter.

For
boats rated at 90hp (propshaft) those things create a whole new world

of "oh
my God"

What is the actual weight and prop HP of the 1250?

Matt

Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
Fuel consumption -- Is it simply too much for a normal folf with a normal income? Melandre General 5 August 13th 04 10:56 PM
johnson o/b fuel consumption RB General 3 April 1st 04 01:50 AM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
fuel delivery problem on outboard? help Russell Hermansen General 9 October 7th 03 01:40 AM