Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim Carter

Default This really sucks...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Vietnam Vet Freezes To Death Christmas Eve

....................................snip.......... ..........................
A very high percentage of homeless males in that age group are
Vietnam-era vets. Of those, an extremely high number are suffering form
some sort of mental illness. It's too bad we no longer have a safety net.

Only in America........Billions of dollars spent on war and not enough to
have housing for the homeless.

When I was in Havana, last winter, I noticed a signboard on a large building
in the downtown area. On this sign was written, in English, " 30,000
children slept in the streets last night. Not one was Cuban." This sign
is in reference to the homeless in the USA. In Cuba, everyone has a
home,provided by the government, or built by the people themselves.

There are homeless people living in the streets of Toronto, but it is their
choice to do so. Not anyone here has to be homeless. Our government will
provide a place for people to sleep so they can come in out of the cold.

Jim Carter.
"The Boat"
Bayfield

Your Boat Sucks If..... Bobsprit ASA 205 November 18th 04 11:40 PM
West Marine Really Sucks nospam Cruising 14 February 3rd 04 09:29 PM
99 Reasons Why Bush Sucks Harry Krause General 4 December 14th 03 05:21 AM
On Topic: This really sucks Harry Krause General 23 November 12th 03 06:28 AM