Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DSK

Default ...Superior Firepower... USSR WW2

Ashland Henderson wrote:
Pretty funny, actually. We helped, no question about it but the real heavy
lifting was done by our old enemies, the USSR. I'd suggest reading some
real histories of WWII.

thunder wrote:
And with 20 million dead, the heavy dying.

You might want to take a second look at the numbers. Undoubtedly the USSR played
a huge role in WW2, or as they call it, The Great Patriotic War, but the oft
quoted figures of ~20 million casualties (I've seen it put at 23+M) include a
heck of a lot of civilians that were deliberately starved or worked to death by
Papa Joe Stalin.

Regards
Doug King