Chuck Baier

Default Aux charger??????

I am upgrading my current inverter from 1500 watts to 3000 watts. This
will power anything on board. What I would like to do is find some
sort of a set up that would allow me to run a very, very small diesel
engine combined with a high output alternator to put the juice back in
the batteries that the inverter uses without running the main engine.
Any sugestions on how to do this or anyone with experience with this
kind of set would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Gould 0738

See if Balmar has a website. They make *exactly* the unit you are describing
Capt. Frank Hopkins

I saw small diesel gen. at local company. The unit is reasonable quiet
and seems to make its own fuel.

http://www.nextgenerationpower.com/index.html

I use the Honda EX 2000 to power boat. Is is VERY quiet, like a soft
thrumming, Doesn't vibrate, and burns less then gallon of gas every 7
hours. You can use this in place of shore power.

Regards,
Capt. Frank
http://www.home.earthlink.net