JimH

Default So which boat....

.....would you invite a guest on for a relaxing cruise and to show it off ?

This one?

http://www.zimmermanmarine.com/z36/g...r/images/2.jpg
http://www.zimmermanmarine.com/z36/g...r/images/1.jpg
http://www.zimmermanmarine.com/z36/g...r/images/2.jpg

Or this one?

http://www.parkerboats.net/03_2520_M...abin_Large.jpg

Both are beautiful boats but one is luxurious and the other utilitarian.

I think we have a member here who claims to own both boats yet has never
offered to take anyone out on the 36 footer or post a picture of it other
than ones lifted off the internet. We have seen pictures of the 25 footer
though...I think he named it Ho-Ho or I-Want-A-Ho.

To be perfectly fair this individual did offer to take JohnH out on one his
boats, but decided on the 25 footer for some strange reason.

Now we have seen pictures of the 25 footer, but none of the custom made 36
footer. That is what is difficult to understand. If it were me I would
have posted pictures of both but highlighted the custom made 36 foot lobster
boat. It only makes sense seeing this person is also known to brag about his
worldly possessions.

Maybe this person will be gracious enough to post some pictures of that
beautiful custom made 36 footer. After all, it must be beautiful and
something one would want to the NG members to see.

How about it?

JohnH

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 17:48:00 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

[...]

Given the additional room on the 36'er, I might have gone out on that!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
K. Smith

Harry Krause wrote:
JohnH wrote:

[...]

Interesting boats, but my Parker ain't that model, and my lobster boat
ain't a Zimmerman.

Hertvik, of course, is boatless.

Sorry again no comment just want to have his lies on disc.

Krause is a non boat owning non even boating liar.

JimH

"K. Smith" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:
JohnH wrote:

[...]

Indeed he is Karen.

And yes Krause, after 25 years of boat ownership I am presently boatless,
although I do own an Achilles.

At least I do not lie about my boat ownership. ;-)

And yes Krause, after 25 years of boat ownership I am presently
boatless,
although I do own an Achilles.

*********

Your dog doesn't count. All the neighbors are laughing as you attempt
obedience training,
"Achilles, heel!"

The Parker, to my eye, is a slightly better looking boat.

While form is junior to function, the cabin top on the Zimmerman is too
long and flat. It's hard to tell from the stern quarter view, but if
there's much vertical curve at all in that sheer line the boat boat
will appear to have been designed by a group of separate committees.

The Parker superstructre is slightly chunky forward, but not
objectionably so. The stubby house and foredeck permit a far more
fishable cockpit in this vessel with a modest LOA.

How wonderful to see you post a boating topic, rather than a personal
attack on another NG poster. I hereby withdraw one of the negative
thoughts I may have had about you.

One of my personally favorite 36 lobster boats can be viewed at this
site:

http://www.bruckmannyachts.com/main.htm

K. Smith

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:

The Parker, to my eye, is a slightly better looking boat.

While form is junior to function, the cabin top on the Zimmerman is too
long and flat. It's hard to tell from the stern quarter view, but if
there's much vertical curve at all in that sheer line the boat boat
will appear to have been designed by a group of separate committees.

Ahh...Zimmerman actually is a boat finisher, and at a high level. He
buys some of his hulls from Maine fiberglass fabricators, and I think he
buys some tops there, too. Most of the hull forms are Spencer Lincoln
designs. Lincoln designs hulls for many Maine builders. What he does is
build a very, very plush and heavy lobster boat cruiser.

One Lincoln hull design for a 36' lobster boat planes at more than 50
mph, with an 800 or 900 hp diesel.

The Parker superstructre is slightly chunky forward, but not
objectionably so. The stubby house and foredeck permit a far more
fishable cockpit in this vessel with a modest LOA.

The downside of these far-forward pilothouses is that you know when
you're in choppy water. That's one of the reasons why I ordered mine
with the optional rear control station. Though it is adjacent to the
starboard gunnel, it is situated about where a center console would
be...so when the water chops up, if you drive the boat from the rear
station, it's like driving a center console, and you're where the boat
up and down movement is minimal. The problem is, you can't really see
over the cabin top too well, so you kinda peer around the cabin.

The rear control station is great for trolling and for docking, though.

Just saving:-)

Don White

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Interesting boats, but my Parker ain't that model, and my lobster boat
ain't a Zimmerman.

Hertvik, of course, is boatless.

Boatless you say??? Then why is he here harassing 'real' boaters?