John H

Default OT : Another poll to break Harry's (if he has one) heart

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:37:20 -0500, DSK wrote:

John H wrote:

May I refer you to jps remark? He's the one who said, "BFD, as we all
know the American public doesn't know Dean yet."

If this is true, then the proposed Dean electorate has absented
themselves from any sort of news for several months.

Actually, most of what I have heard about Dean has been the right wing smear
campaign against him, parrotted here in this newsgroup.

How then does my comment convince you of anything, especially to the
point of name-calling?

Did I call you names, other than to associate you with Nobby & Wallie? Is that so
offensive to you?

What did you find so offensive?

Actually, none of the 'discussion' here has the power to offend me. It just
seemed slightly out of character for you to indulge in the same kind of mindless
mudslinging.

DSK

PS. What mud did I sling?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Dave Hall

John H wrote:

[...]

Any opinion which differs from those idealogues on the left is
automatically considered "mud slinging". This obvious display of
hypocrisy is in sharp contrast to the left's often promoted concept of
"tolerance". It would seem that tolerance has its limits.....

The first rule of debate for a leftie: Demonize the opposition.

Dave
Gould 0738

A classic! :-)

Dave Hall wrote:

Any opinion which differs from those idealogues on the left is
automatically considered "mud slinging".

Let's keep track as we go. First negative, stereotypical reference:
"ideologues"

this obvious display of
hypocrisy

Oh goody. We're up to two. "hypocrites"

is in sharp contrast to the left's often promoted concept of
"tolerance"

Now three, "intolerant"

The first rule of debate for a leftie: Demonize the opposition.

ROFL!

Did you have an issue to discuss, Dave, or were you merely fulfilling a need
to "demonize the opposition" :-)
Doug Kanter

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

Any opinion which differs from those idealogues on the left is
automatically considered "mud slinging". This obvious display of
hypocrisy is in sharp contrast to the left's often promoted concept of
"tolerance". It would seem that tolerance has its limits.....

The first rule of debate for a leftie: Demonize the opposition.

Dave

Damn you, Dave Hall! I just lost an imaginary $100.00 bet! I thought for
sure you'd use the term "ad hominem" immediately upon your return. I haven't
read the rest of your messages yet, so maybe all's not lost.

DSK

John H wrote:

PS. What mud did I sling?

I can get an exact quote from your earlier post, but basically you said that Dean
supporters were ignorant of the news and had to be pried away from the Simpsons on TV.
Is your memory going?

DSK

John H

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 11:07:03 -0500, DSK wrote:

John H wrote:

PS. What mud did I sling?

I can get an exact quote from your earlier post, but basically you said that Dean
supporters were ignorant of the news and had to be pried away from the Simpsons on TV.
Is your memory going?

DSK

No, I did not. jcs, in his comment, stated, "BFD, as we all know the
American public doesn't know Dean yet."

Here we have jcs making a derogatory comment about the American
public, not me.

I replied, "If those who are going to vote for Dean don't know him yet
(that portion of the American public to which you refer), then I sure
hope Dean doesn't use any big words to woo them away from "The
Simpsons" long enough to get to the polls and vote.

Read what I said, "If...(his supporters)...don't know him yet..." My
point is that if they don't know him yet, then they surely don't spend
much time watching the news or reading the papers.

"If" is a big word. It establishes a hypothesis for a conclusion.