NOYB

Default OT--Another one bites the dust

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

N. Korea Offers to Halt Nuke Facilities

Jan 6, 12:52 AM (ET)

By SOO-JEONG LEE

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - North Korea offered Tuesday to refrain from
producing nuclear weapons as a "bold concession" to rekindle talks over

its
arms programs.

The move comes as the United States, China, Russia, Japan and the two

Koreas
scramble to arrange a new round of negotiations, with South Korea and
Russian saying they are unlikely this month.

North Korea has said before it is willing to freeze its "nuclear

activities"
in exchange for U.S. aid and being delisted from Washington's roster of
terrorism sponsoring nations.

Iraq by force...Libya and N. Korea by diplomatic pressure. Which just
leaves Syria on our short list of rogue nations pursuing WMD's. Of

course,
Syria's problem is that they're hiding Saddam's WMD's...and turning them
over would mean that Bush was right. Syria is certainly in a pickle.

In your simple-minded little world, you probably have no idea that the
force pushing North Korea towards nuclear restraint is the People's
Republic of China.

No kidding, Harry. And that was a result of the deal we cut in regards to
the Taiwan issue.

Don White

Gee...well probably the last two big World Wars...that is when you jumped in
late to grab all the credit.

WaIIy wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:29:49 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Sure scares the beejesus out of me! We can't trust you not to bomb us

when
we're on your side.

When were you on our side?

Bert Robbins wrote in message

Yup - pretty soon the US will be the only nation with nuclear

weapone.
Won't
that be nice?

And, we know how to use them

Bert

Clams Canino

We jumped in late because we are generally slow to commit to a war unless we
are attacked. While our contributions to WW1 are open to discussion, the
fact is that we indeed turned the tide on WW2. As for WW3 - we're in this
one on the ground floor.

If any single country "won" WW2, the MVP goes to the Englishmen. By holding
out in the Battle of Britain, they preserved the British island as a staging
area. It's from that staging area that we bombed the 3rd Reich into the
stone age, diminishing it's ability to wage effective war.

The other MVP was Hitler - who beat himself. A: By botching the Battle of
Britian after it was almost won. B: By attacking Russia before England was
subdued.

-W

"Don White" wrote in message
Gee...well probably the last two big World Wars...that is when you jumped

in
late to grab all the credit.

Don White

Next time...come to Nova Scotia and you may hear some Gaelic.

WaIIy wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:20:16 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Gee...well probably the last two big World Wars...that is when you jumped

in
late to grab all the credit.

Well at least you're a Canadian with a sense of humor.

BTW, I spent some time in Leamington and Sarnia this past year and
always thank the Canadians for speaking English.

RGrew176

From: "Don White"

Gee...well probably the last two big World Wars...that is when you jumped in
late to grab all the credit.

Better late than never they say.

97 days to go..