CCred68046

Default 80% of the last postings were off topic!

Thats why Al Gore invented newsgroup filters. It was soon after he invented
the internet and spell check.
NetSock

Use a kill file.

I kill anybody who regularly posts OT, and anybody who regularly responds to
them. I also kill subject headers that contain keywords, such as Busch,
democrat, republican, war, ect. I also kill trolls, and the people that feed
them.

Some people may argue that I'm losing a lot of boating related posts,
because some of the folks in my kill file, do in fact contribute good
boating information to the group on occasion. To that I say "tough s**t to
them". If they want to be heard, then post on topic, otherwise, I don't care
if I ever hear from them again.

It is not uncommon for me to have 400 unread posts, and only have 80 or so
after my kill file and filters go to work...and I love it to death...I get
100% boating related posts.

The more people that kill file these clowns, the less audience they will
have, and the *will* go away, but only if everybody does it.

Good luck.
--

It's just about going fast...that's all...

http://home.insight.rr.com/cgreen/
"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
What the hell can we do about it?????

Gould 0738

Too bad he won't see this:

Guess what, Netstock:

Unless you post under another handle, if the group were waiting for *your*
on-topic post it would be a barren wasteland.

Same old substance your don't give any of-
people who never contribute only heard from when they complain about the
content provided by those who do.

It's your right to read or not read whatever you like. It's your right to
filter whatever you like- but you sure as heck sound silly as a
non-conbtributor when you complain about the nature of the content.

NetSock

Heh heh...I have not been "run out" of anywhere...I've been here everyday.

I choose to do more reading than posting, and have always been that way.

Additionally, I would post the kill file for those who want it, but since I
changed news readers, Outlook does not allow me to cut-n-paste it out. I
suppose there may be a way to "export" it, but I haven't looked into that
very hard.

And Chuck (Charles Grinstead) is a fellow boater who works in my office.

Take care.

-
It's just about going fast...that's all...

http://home.insight.rr.com/cgreen/
"Greenhalgh Is_A_Fraud" wrote in message
om...
Netsock is the infamous Christopher K. Greenhalgh aka Charles
Grinstead. Remember the clown who posts his entire killfile for all?
He was run out of here about a year ago.

Jim--

"NetSock" wrote in message
[...]

Works in your office? You said you were a student at Ohio State. That is
your ISP:

From: "NetSock"
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: 80% of the last postings were off topic!
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:22:20 -0500

Greenhalgh Is_A_Fraud

I am sure that he would be happy to hear that you assumed his
identity. What's his email address?

After you were called on it you stopped posting using that name.
That's fact.

"NetSock" wrote in message ...
[...]

Tom

On 06 Jan 2004 03:27:20 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

What the hell can we do about it?????

Muzzle Harry.

Butch Ammon

What the hell can we do about it?????

Muzzle Harry.

I didn't say that!

John H

Neither did I John.... But I think it's funny!

Butch Ammon

on topic/off topic same ole General 2 December 10th 03 01:02 AM
On Topic: Anniversary of Jack London's death Harry Krause General 0 November 23rd 03 12:17 AM
The truth about the Off Topic Posts Gene Kearns General 46 November 17th 03 03:35 PM
2 bad this list is so off topic! Florida Keyz General 1 November 13th 03 08:05 PM