BoatBanter.com

-   -   POWER TRIM TABS (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2623-power-trim-tabs.html)

MANSFI January 1st 04 09:24 PM

POWER TRIM TABS

Can someone assist? I have a 22' Grady center console. The boat has hydralic
trim tabs. I have sarched everywhere and cannot locate any fill tubes or caps
to allow for topping off the fluids?

F330 GT January 1st 04 10:39 PM

POWER TRIM TABS

Can someone assist? I have a 22' Grady center console. The boat has
hydralic
trim tabs. I have sarched everywhere and cannot locate any fill tubes or
caps
to allow for topping off the fluids?

Assuming they're Bennett trim tabs, you need to follow the hydraulic lines into
the boat and look for the hydraulic control unit. or you could follow the
wiring harness back from the switch. It's a plastic box, approx 7 x 8 x 5 inch
unit that will have a plastic cover that lifts off the top. Look for a small
black rubber stopper at the base of the control unit which is on the top part
of the reaservoir (about 1/2 way down the side). That's where the hydraulic
fluid goes.

Where in the bilge or inner transom area it's located was up to the installer.
It could be anywhere.

Barry

MANSFI January 2nd 04 02:58 PM

POWER TRIM TABS

Thank you Barry,

I did know where the res. is, but could not seem to figure out where to fill.
I will try your suggestion and "lift" off the top. Thanks again.

Bill

Wayne.B January 2nd 04 03:39 PM

POWER TRIM TABS

On 02 Jan 2004 14:58:38 GMT, (MANSFI) wrote:
Thank you Barry,

I did know where the res. is, but could not seem to figure out where to fill.
I will try your suggestion and "lift" off the top. Thanks again.

If they are Bennett tabs, there should be a screw near the top of the
unit which holds the plastic top cover on. Remove screw and top
cover, and the resevoir fill opening is underneath.

Andy K. January 3rd 04 12:13 AM

POWER TRIM TABS

If they are not Bennett tabs you might look at http://www.arcomarine.com/
They manufacture a few different types of pumps used for trim tabs.