Chris

Default How to sell a boat online?

Hey everyone,

I'm helping a friend sell his boat. I made a small webpage for it, but is
there any place online where I can post it? I searched around for some
forums and that sort of thing on the web but couldn't come up with much. If
you know of any place or have any suggestions as to how I could get it seen,
please respond. Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Dan Krueger

rec.boats.marketplace is a good start. Post your link there. Just make sure
you include the word "in" in the subject line or it will bounce back. An
example would be "FS:2002 Grady White in Miami".

Good luck,
Dan

Chris wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm helping a friend sell his boat. I made a small webpage for it, but is
there any place online where I can post it? I searched around for some
forums and that sort of thing on the web but couldn't come up with much. If
you know of any place or have any suggestions as to how I could get it seen,
please respond. Thanks in advance!

-Chris

bomar

"Chris" wrote
Problem with Ebay is the fees. What we ideally wanted to do was just
promote the boat freely first, and then resort to Ebay if we didn't get

any
response.

Then park it in your front yard with a cardboard FOR SALE sign....
eBay gives you exposure to millions for $40 listing fee (ebay motors) + $40
fee if and when you get the first bid for a total of $80.
Cardboard sign will be seen by the same 100 uninterested people that drive
by everyday - cost = free
Putting up a webpage and posting in a few newsgroups and sites will get a
few more viewers than the cardboard sign method.

It just depends on if you really want to sell it or not.